certicard location?

-

sweatybetty

Reaction score
ive seen a few pics of 66 cudas with certicards on the upper right inner fender near the hood bumper. mine is near the right shock tower. anyone else have theirs near the shock tower? im wondering which is correct or did chrysler just put them wherever.

cuda coil.JPG

My 66 Valiant, same place as yours. My dad has a 66 Barracuda and his is also in the same spot. However, I have seen them mounted on the top of the right inner fender, towards the front. Maybe it depends where the car was built?

valiant 002.jpg

I have a 67 cuda and it "was" mounted on the left inner fender behind the head light.

I have a 67 cuda and it "was" mounted on the left inner fender behind the head light.

Could someone please post a picture showing the correct location of the Certicard holder on a 1967 Barracuda? Thanks!

My 66 Valiant is on the inner fender, right side, by the shock tower.

Thanks for those posts but I'm really looking for a pic for a 67 Barracuda. I did some more searching online and found the below picture of a barn find and the location matches what was stated in post 5. It would be great if someone with a 67 Barracuda could confirm this.

Thanks!

1967 Barracuda Certicard location pic.jpg

There were 2 places in '66 that I have seen.. one is where your photo shows and the other is where mine is on my Valiant on the top of that inner fender towards the front near the front splash shield nuts. I have no idea if it was a plant built thing or a date break thing.

I suspect it's either date break thing, or, just the whim of the installer. I have an extremely early Hamtramck '66 that is up front on top of the right inner fender by the splash shield bolts, and a later Hamtramck '66 that is by the RH shock tower like in the first photo. I also have an LA plant '66 car by the RH shock tower. I also have one more '66 to check, but, not able to today.

-
Back