Changing from Bench to Buckets/Console

-

SLOPAR72

Reaction score
Hi group. It has been a long time since I have owned an A Body but here I am and enjoy reading the threads on here. I have a complete 73 Duster with a complete interior and am wanting to put the Bucket Seats/Console in my 1972 which is Bench/Column shift. Both cars are power steering and the cars do have different Trannys ( 72 has a 727 and the 73 a 904.)

I already learned about the Bucket Seats and am working on that now but will retain the 73 Tracks. My plan is the Column, Everything Console related, and would like to use the Shoulder belts out of the 73.

So are there any other surprises lurking around the corner before I tear into this project? I am looking to make the car a good driver with a pretty much stock appearance.

Thanks,
JW

Make sure that your transmission has the two mounting ears for the through the floor rod support bracket, some have them & some do not.

it should be fairly straight forward.. measure twice, cut once - you may have some wiring "issues" at the far end.. but nothing outrageous

Make sure that your transmission has the two mounting ears for the through the floor rod support bracket, some have them & some do not.

I need to check the car and see if I have the 2 ears.... This would be the deal breaker for me....

I may try to do this tomorrow and let you know on the seats. You are close enough and if my tranny has the ears they are sold....

Thanks Barry,
JW

-
Back