Cheapest Shipping For Heavy Stuff?????

-

65barracudadude

Reaction score
Hello, I know one of you wonderful mopar guy's or gal's know of the cheapest shipping outfit that I can use to get a motor/trans from Cali. to Washington. Help???? Please help!!!!! Thanks.

Buy a utility trailer kit from Harbor Freight for about $250 (less if it's on sale), put on a 4'x8' sheet of 3/4" pressure treated plywood for a floor, & go get it yourself. Probably cost more than shipping but, if you're like me, you'll definitely get your use out of the trailer. And the trailer can fold up to store up against a wall. Just my 2 cents.

I've got one I've used & abused for over eight years. I've definitely gotten my use out of it. I'm planning to go over 550 miles round trip next weekend to get a motor.

build a wooden crate and bring it to forward air terminal and the ship to the nearsest termal for the buyer to pick up

I just checked & Harbor Freight has changed things a bit. The trailer I bought was the 990lb capacity one (that was the best they offered then) but it came with 12" wheels instead of the 8" wheels they have now. If I was doing it now I'd get the 1175lb capacity one with the 12" wheels, but it's just under $330 now. Prices went up, big surprise LOL. If you get one, be careful using the "tilt bed" feature. You'll break your tag mount, or at the least you;ll bend your tag. I finally made a tag mount out of hinges & pretty much did away with that problem.

This is something I've done in the past and worked out well. I was trying to
get a slot car track from Washington St. to Maryland. The Owner was a typical seller that didn't have the inclination or tools to build a crate and track down a way to ship. I looked on the internet to find the local area yellow pages for a Handy Man Service. It took quite a few contacts before I found someone that was willing to work with me. I explained the situation and the price I was willing to pay for his help. We started out slow by him contacting the owner just looking at the track. Once he felt it was comfortable for him to proceed we agreed opon the price for him to get shipping rates and limitations. Turns out the track assembly was too long for the Maximun length so he needed to shorten and modify the base. He moved it, built a crate and had the shipping company pick it up. Turns out I got lucky with my 'Handy Man' and he really got involved, we kept each other well informed and it was just like I was there.
Anyway this worked well for me because the owner was practically giving away the track so I had a wide dollar range to work with.

GregH

Tyler Sheff, Owner
FairPricedShipping.com
888/762-7158
Extension 701

He's the same guy who responds when you click on "Contact Us" on his website, but you'll get a quicker quote if you just call him. He's at Extension 701.

Tell him Leanna referred ya. :-D

Thanks, cudachick1968. That sounds like someone I'll be calling here in a couple minutes. Thanks to everyone else who responded to this so far. Keep um coming though!!!!!!

Try Casestack.com. We use them at my work to ship display fixtures all over the country, even hawaii. It all depends on weight to size so our stuff only weighed about 200lbs where the engine and trans will be much more. If you can get them on a pallet each you might have some luck there hopefully the seller will help out. Also maybe you could split them up and send the trans UPS I shipped a trans from Georgia to California for under 70 bucks. It was a 4speed and the guy crated it up for me and all.

Good luck and if you need a contact at Casestack pm me and i will get it for you.

Justin

I have used Freightquote.com, bad job. I tried uship too but they have scammers (one of them is a referral of cudachick)

I actually did a search online and if you search for freight classes (like I did) you will find a couple of companies. I used Freight88.com (great rates) and Freightshippingcenter.com (good rates, poor service), freightcenter.com (tried them first, bad service and bad rates)

odd that your email address is fairpricedshipping@yahoo.com and your putting down other shipping companies with your first post.

I have used Freightquote.com, bad job. I tried uship too but they have scammers (one of them is a referral of cudachick)

I actually did a search online and if you search for freight classes (like I did) you will find a couple of companies. I used Freight88.com (great rates) and Freightshippingcenter.com (good rates, poor service), freightcenter.com (tried them first, bad service and bad rates)

These people don't know you yea_man, but they do know ME. You're treading on very dangerous territory with your first posts here.

I will say this once and let it go at that: Don't you EVER try to damage my personal reputation by saying I referred someone to a "scammer." (By the way, the link you attached to MY NAME brings this up: "The requested URL /mopar/www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp was not found on this server." Ripoffreport.com?!?! That's hilarious!)

I have NEVER referred ANYONE to Freightquote.com or uship because I know nothing about those companies and have never used either. If I recommend a shipping company, it's always

FAIRPRICEDSHIPPING.COM
888-762-7158, Extension 701

I trust I will not have to revisit this issue with you again.

I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong. And I was.

I have recommended uship ... didn't know Tyler was part of that company until just now. Obviously I'm not the only one who holds him in high esteem.

Tyler Sheff of FairPricedShipping Holds the Top Spot on the Uship.com Feedback System
http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200901/1231995447.html

Okay, recess is over. Time to go back to what that evil redhead pays me to do around here. :toothy10:

-
Back