Chicago A-Body Owners Group

-

johnparts

Slammed 1
Reaction score
Hey Guys we had some talk in another thread about doing a local club/group. I want to see what the interest is in this group. Idea is we meet up once a month (or more depending on scheduling) And it would be open to local A-body guys. Kind of a club as well where we help each other out as well. Post up your interest and location.

Sounds good to me. Would have to know the when and where ahead of time due to working a swing shift at work.
Working on the when and where. Just trying to see the interest. No dues no fee's no crap like that. I might even put together a little newsletter (online of course) I will also need people to help me with the fun stuff like contacting folks that run the cruise nights. I also was thinking we could all help each other out with Projects and stuff. I can lend a hand with Fab stuff and engine work, and I work for a body shop that would love to paint some cars for us.

sounds good to me,but i'm near orland park

Me too.

It depends on how far we have to go for the meetings.

North side and south siders can have a beyotch of a time getting there in our traffic....

Hello,

I was in the other thread that started the idea. I'm in.

I was at a Double K Productions curise night last night and talked to Karry Kirkley who runs it (I have his contact info). We had kick around the idea in the other thread of meeting at a curise night once a month. Karry was very open to a group of A-Bodies and even suggested an A-Body cruise night. They will have nights that feature cars parking them all together at the cruise night. He just wanted to know by December when and where we wanted to do it for his next years schedule. We'd probably first need to know his scheduled locations to choose something kind of centrally located. I also think we could just show up at someone's cruise night early and group ourselves.

I rarely see any A-Bodies at cruise nights I've been to in the last two summers. It would be cool to see a group of them. I'm always seeing nova's, camero's and chevells.

Comments?

Hello,

I was in the other thread that started the idea. I'm in.

I was at a Double K Productions curise night last night and talked to Karry Kirkley who runs it (I have his contact info). We had kick around the idea in the other thread of meeting at a curise night once a month. Karry was very open to a group of A-Bodies and even suggested an A-Body cruise night. They will have nights that feature cars parking them all together at the cruise night. He just wanted to know by December when and where we wanted to do it for his next years schedule. We'd probably first need to know his scheduled locations to choose something kind of centrally located. I also think we could just show up at someone's cruise night early and group ourselves.

I rarely see any A-Bodies at cruise nights I've been to in the last two summers. I would be cool to see a group of them. I'm always seeing nova's, camero's and chevells.

Comments?
Well Why don't we find some middle ground and set up a first get together for October then? Just a sit down nothing formal maybe a BWW or a hooters on a non game night so we can all meet and talk.

I'd be interested also. HOpefully time/distance doesn't play against me. I'm out in the sticks off Rt. 72.

Well Why don't we find some middle ground and set up a first get together for October then? Just a sit down nothing formal maybe a BWW or a hooters on a non game night so we can all meet and talk.

Suggestion on location? Anyone?

Looks like it will be some what of a challenge since we seem to be pretty well spread out. By the way what is BWW?

I think we'd like that too, but I'm way to the Southeast of you guys. NW Indiana for us. We like to go to a place called Simon Sez in Merrillville just West of I-65 on Fri and Sat night.

Hoping to have a get-together Sat. Nov 9th, weather permitting at Simon Sez in Merrillville. I'm taking my 68 cuda and Becky might bring her 67 Dart GT Conv. My buddy Mike might bring his 67 cuda convertible, his Dad might bring his 67 cuda notch. Tim might bring his 67 440 cuda . Chuck will bring his 69GTX too. All weather depending, but it is supposed to be 50's and 60's this weekend.

Might also take the cuda down to US41 / NoLimit raceway and do a little test and tune !

Wow I just moved here to Chicago are this spring. my 65 barracuda formula s is still sitting in Maryland, but soon I will be going to get her as I just got my Illinois tag and title! I live in Wheeling, car will be at my Soon to be wife's in Arlington Heights. By spring I for sure would love to hang out with other Mopar lovers on Sunday afternoons or Friday nights. Saturday afternoon or evenings? I work on golf course taking care of turf so early mornings are busy for me and Satuday am I am praying hard in Shul! I used to hang out Friday night with Maryland Mopar guys at a big mall with a huge mix of all makes, just us mopar guys were smart enough to hang together! It always amazes me that we Mopar guys no matter what like to stick together! Mopar or no car! Cant wait to get my baby here as about 15 years ago I lived here and raced a 66 cuda at great lakes, was very good finished second 2 years in a row in street class! Went to Indy and had great fun in regional races!! Hope to see some of you soon!!

Gregg

As stated by buck351, Lots of cruise nights and car shows around me with a few or no MOPARs. I think it would be cool to slam the area shows in large numbers. I'm in!!!!

South Naperville

BWW= Buffalo Wild Wings

As stated by buck351, Lots of cruise nights and car shows around me with a few or no MOPARs. I think it would be cool to slam the area shows in large numbers. I'm in!!!!

South Naperville

BWW= Buffalo Wild Wings

Exactly, would be very cool. Checking in to see what's up.

Double K Productions said they can do an A Body night at one of his locations next year if we let him know we want one. I'm thinking we could give him a list of towns we will be coming from and ask him to check his schedule for a central location. He would like to know 12/2012. We could also plan other times where we could just show up say once a month or whenever we decide at a curise night. So what does everyone think?

Slow typing one handed. Planned my right elbow surgery now while the car is stored. Figured I'd be good to go for shifting in spring. :cheers:

All I can say is Thursday 12/13 getting on the jet plane going to Maryland to get my Baby and Friday beging the trip back home here to Wheeling! My 65 Formula S Barracuda is ready to rock and roll! My friend has it aligned so no issues for a nice cruise back here! In fact I am stopping in Cleveland to visit my cousins and other Family (I was born there). I cant wait to pu some miles on my fully restored baby! She has only had maybe 500 miles at most since resto and redoing all mechanical upgrades! Like I stated before Front disc brakes, dual master cylinder, 318 v8 4bbl a little hot cam nothing wild..14" wheels, 8.25 rear, modern u joint driveshaft, and very good 904 trans ready for dragstrip. Joy to the World! Weather Report is good no snow so looking good for fun ride back here to mid west no hurry just fun fun fun!

65 Cudalover Gregg

All I can say is Thursday 12/13 getting on the jet plane going to Maryland to get my Baby and Friday beging the trip back home here to Wheeling! My 65 Formula S Barracuda is ready to rock and roll! My friend has it aligned so no issues for a nice cruise back here! In fact I am stopping in Cleveland to visit my cousins and other Family (I was born there). I cant wait to pu some miles on my fully restored baby! She has only had maybe 500 miles at most since resto and redoing all mechanical upgrades! Like I stated before Front disc brakes, dual master cylinder, 318 v8 4bbl a little hot cam nothing wild..14" wheels, 8.25 rear, modern u joint driveshaft, and very good 904 trans ready for dragstrip. Joy to the World! Weather Report is good no snow so looking good for fun ride back here to mid west no hurry just fun fun fun!

65 Cudalover Gregg

Great news. How about some photos.

Just got back yesterday afternoon! All went very well no issues at all car ran great avg 17 mpg! Got pulled over in western Maryland as I went over a mountain top State Trooper told me I was going 75! i told him my speedo wobbles alot which is true and no other cars were there which I use to control my speed, also my story taking the mostly restored car back home now to Chicago after my move well over a year ago. He went back to his car to check my license and title ect...Few minutes later comes back with a warning ticket and tells me to slow down and have a safe trip! Went to Cleveland Ohio spent night with my cousins and Saturday. Sunday coming home Ohio Turnpike just cruising along 70 mph speedlimit no issues at all loving the ride! I get to toll booth at the end and the toll lady asks what year cool car is that, all arre talking about this car! I had seen many cops, so obviously the word was out about the cool old car coming down the road! I told her it was a 65 formula s cuda on way to Chicago, not quite fully restored but mechanically done just needing paint and a few dents done! As it has all the side chrome and small Id chrome off until I finish next summer if all goes well!! Just takes time and money!!! Pictures will follow as weather allows and I get digital camera out! Mopar or Nocar!!!!!!!!!!!

-
Back