Choose me a steer tire

-

Michael Siple

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
For a '71 Duster 340 -- size is 225-60R-15 -- choose between these 2 or list another -- slim pickins' at this size

BFG t/a or General Altimax RT45 tire rack compares them side by side - sorry couldn't copy & paste

Thanks all

5x4 or 5x4.5

If 5x4.5 go to the wrecking yard and find a compact spare that is the same dia as your rear tires.

SBP 5x4 wheel vintiques but that's no matter - General tire looks like it does better than BFG between these 2

No matter what brand or size tire you buy, there is a chance they are manufactured overseas. When you buy, ask for the country of origin of the tires before purchasing. Quality standards seem to slip through the cracks in overseas manufacturers, in my opinion.

Had all ready bought these generals - wasn't sure I wanted to keep or exchange them - decided they were cheap enough to try. (side & tread shot)

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

Kinda depends on if you need white letters, and what they need to say. If you don't need white letters out, there's LOTS of tires I would buy before t/a's.
If you want white letters out, id buy mastercraft or cooper cobras over t/a's too..
Milestar and Hankook also make white letter tires. And maybe Hercules.

Last edited:
-
Back