Choosing a Drag Radial, Harder then I thought....

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Im trying to choose a track only tire for a 11 second car. It it is between M/t Et Street, M/T Drag Radial, QTP Hoosier, or Hoosier DOT drag Radial....Which one has the best hook to lasting ratio? meaning which hooks better and last longer

And thus is the problem with not just drag radials but all tires. Give up one for another trade off issues.

Sorry, I wish I could help.

Ya, thats why Im just trying to find the one that has the best traction even if they are like 2nd or 3rd in lasting. Im not going to go to the track that often, maybe 2-4 times a month. And I will Switch to street tires before driving home.

I've heard and read the Mickey were great. IDK, haven't been there yet.

Yes, I have as well, then I heard the QTP are lighter and you run more consistent. I also heard with the Hoosier dot radial your MPH goes up because of the stiffer side wall, but hooks just as well or little less than the QTP

Mickey t's are a great hooking radial and last longer then the hoosiers.

Hoosiers new radial slick hooks like a ****, but won't last as long as the mickeys. Those are your two choices if you want consistent performance.

I recently went through the same decision process. I ended up getting the M/T ET Street Radials. Just got them mounted and took a spin with them today. HUGE difference from the regular street tires I had on it before. There things are sticky. Downside of them is they don't last long- I've seen people say anywhere from 1500-3000 miles.

Question: If they are going to be a "track only" tire, why not go with regular drag tires instead of DOT tires??

The M/t ET street radials are great as far as traction go's. They don't last that long though. I'm on my third set in 3 years. I'm not easy on them though

m/t drag radials..been using them for 4 seasons:thumblef::thumblef:

I have Hoosier drag only slicks for the track and some MT drag radials for track and street.I,m only interested in hooking always,when doing burnouts I don,t think any tire is gonna last too manty seasons.2-4 times a month at the track you might squeeze 1 1/2 seasons.JMO.

What kind of 60 foot times are you looking for? I get into the 1.7's with 275x50x15 M/T ET Streets. I do the burn out without a line lock. They just spin up and get cleaned off without any smoke so they are not showing much wear yet. I mount them at home and drive to the track with them pumped up. I am very happy with them.

I think im going to go with the Hoosiers QTP, I heard they are lighter then the M/T and are more Consistent. This will be a track only tire. I was told slicks are not needed for a 11 second car so unless I cant get any traction at all, Slicks are out for now.

whats the word on bfg drag radial yea or nea how about nitto's to bad michlin dont make a drag tire

3 trips to track with my bf goodrich drag radials is all I got. Switched to m/t drag radial much much better,Kevin.

Im trying to choose a track only tire for a 11 second car. It it is between M/t Et Street, M/T Drag Radial, QTP Hoosier, or Hoosier DOT drag Radial....Which one has the best hook to lasting ratio? meaning which hooks better and last longer

Why do you want to run a street tire on a track car? I pick none of the above and go to a slick.

smh, because like others have stated a Slick isnt needed. I was going to get some, but others have stated its not needed for a mid 11 or else I would. This is awhile away, I just like to plan ahead.

I ran 11.60's with a little 26x 8.5 M/T slick. They last a long time because they have a harder compound and they're short like a street tire so you keep what gear you have,
If you must have the street legal tires, the ET Street tires are very good, and long lasting, but the M/T et Drag Radials are the best, just don't last too long on the street. I got about 4000 miles out of mine.

I had slicks on my duster and didn't like the way they hooked,put the m/t drag radials on and have used nothing but since..by the way theres guys running in the NINES using drag radials..so at what point do you need a slick??..i guess never if your suspension is set up right...

I went from MT ET Streets to MT Drag Radials & boy do they hook. They handle nice on the street too.

-
Back