Chrome question

-

zigs

Reaction score
I remember a while back ,that someone on FABO was doing chroming for reasonable and the work was good. Anyone remember who that was? I've already done a search couldn't find it.

I remember a guy who was selling a buch of rechromed bumpers I think he said I takes bumpers to have them chromed too, he was out of indiana I want to say I had Pmd him back and forth but have lost all of them whith his name

I remember a guy who was selling a buch of rechromed bumpers I think he said I takes bumpers to have them chromed too, he was out of indiana I want to say I had Pmd him back and forth but have lost all of them whith his name

I would like to get my tail light bezels rechromed but what I'm seeing from the chrome shops out there I could by new for the same price.

I would like to get my tail light bezels rechromed but what I'm seeing from the chrome shops out there I could by new for the same price.

This is another case of get what you pay for. A rechrome shop typically applies a layer of chrome that will last decades.
Chineese reproductions typically have a layer of chrome that barely gets the part out their door. Aftermarket parts that get weather and wind wear like mirrors and door handles have pocked and peeled in a year or less.

I remeber that post-- give me a few days & i'll see if i can scrounge up the contact info ,Lawrence

You will want to be sure to get " SHOW CHROME " !!! there's a layer of copper,nickel then the chrome !! I had a set of bumpers done for me by Alert Bumpers in St Pete,and the chrome didn't last for shitt !!

-
Back