Chrysler corp on VIN number

-

Benlab1954

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me where I can get a new Chrysler Corporation logo that sits under the vin number on the dash of a 69 swinger, I want to repaint the dash and vin number plate but need to replace the silver lettering and logo thats silk screened underneath it.

If I'm understanding your inquiry , you're having to repaint your Swinger's dash v.i.n. ?
I had the same problem with my '72 ; all of the paint on the v.i.n. had peeled-off
( delicious south west U.S. sun baking ! ) , revealing a chrome ( stainless steel ? ) plate , with the v.i.n. characters' stampings being still visible .

The only thing I can think of to suggest is , make a silk screening of the "Chrysler Corporation" insignia , and the Pentastar , and re-screen the v.i.n. plate yourself .
Any shop that's worth their salt won't do this for you , due to legalities ( v.i.n. tampering ) , but that doesn't mean that you can't do it yourself ;-)

You are just gonna have to live with this issue.
It is against Federal Law to mess with a VIN plate in any way.
I always tape over the entire VIN plate when repainting a dash.

Hope this helped,
Later,
Bruce B.

Can you get the correct rivets for the vin tag to resecure it to dash ?

You are just gonna have to live with this issue.
It is against Federal Law to mess with a VIN plate in any way.
I always tape over the entire VIN plate when repainting a dash.

Hope this helped,
Later,
Bruce B.

You are not allowed to alter one, but you are allowed to restore one (paint, finish, etc). Ever see a million dollar Barrett Jackson vehicle with a crappy, rusty, peeling VIN plate?

I had a corvette that the VIN plate was in very bad shape. GM made me a new one, with the proper paperwork.

Re: Who makes vin decals?
new.gif
[Re: 05dakota]
#5952612 - Wed Apr 28 2010 07:53 PM
edit.gif
Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Quote:
still available?

Yes they are!

--------------------
www.ecsvin.com
www.ecsautomotive.com