Chrysler Crossfire

-

moparker

Reaction score
Anyone own one of these or have owned one? If so what it’s your opinion? Thinking about getting the wife one. Thanks

My aunt had one for a short time. Even though it's actually Benz, I thought it kind of a cheap POS. She had a convertible, issue with the top stopping half way up. I serviced it for her, so I was able to drive it a bit. Handled nice, power wasn't terrible. Takes like eight qts for oil change! Do some serious research.

The newest one will still be 16 years old. Would it be as a daily driver? You have a particular one in mind already? High mileage? SRT version?

My wife drove one daily in the summer for years. We just sold it a couple of months ago. Pretty reliable car, we only ever replaced tires and brakes, and one failed sensor.

IMG_20240508_183523277_HDR.jpg

It’s just gonna be a nice weather fun car for my wife. Not a Limited or SRT. Same female owner since 07. 73 now and hard for her to get out of. 55,000 miles. I think I can get it for under 8000.00. Looking at it Monday.

The best thing you can do to that car is strip the entire electrical system out of it, get a universal type "hot rod" wiring harness for it and do a hot small block swap.

We own a 05 Limited convertible, Great Car. We only had a issue with the SKREEM Module. Chrysler does not have them, Mercedes wont sell you one as they are serial # . Found a place to repair them and he warrants his work for 3 years. Needswings.com. Other than that Tires, oil changes, thats it

Thank you. I’ve only read a couple negative reviews. Way more positives.

Wife owned one from 2007 until she traded it in on new jeep in 2016 and drove it daily, only problem it had ever was a leaking cam cover that was easily fixed. Photo is from the day she traded it in.

10B6B61A-.jpg

Thank you. I’ve only read a couple negative reviews. Way more positives.
Yeah. I think the electrical issues I was talkin about only affects a couple of years. I THINK the one my friend had was an 05. He took that thing to every dealership around and no one could fix it. I spent three whole weekends worth of time on it and discovered it had to be a grounded wire pinched under the passenger's side seat track, but he didn't want to take the interior apart, so he sold it.

Looked at one today. Old lady owned. So it’s been in an accident, not the barn find you would think. Needs tires. Gonna be picky cause I don’t need it. I appreciate everyone’s input. I have a couple more I’m gonna check out.

I liked them but I don't fit.

1728950997049.png

I've seen one wrapped in person and it looks better.
Like a 1930's show car or something from a Star Wars prequel.

-
Back