Chrysler: 'Lynch Road' Assembly line operating design

-

Woods74

Broke Senior
Reaction score
For those interested in a history lesson, I ran across a interesting article explaining the in depth assembly line procedures building a 69' Road Runner SuperBird.

Although not a 'A' Body, nor built at Hamtramck like a lot of our cars we're, the era's general build procedures apply. With the personal experience of taking apart my dart's body shell, I can say that construction materials, and methods have a close resemblance to what's explained here:

http://www.wwnboa.org/patik.htm

Enjoy! :coffee2:

They cannot be building a 1969 Road Runner Superbird. No such car.

They weren't, Stroke. They were building a '70 IN 1969

I'd love to read that but it makes my eyes hurt, !!!DOH!!! Hell, just paste it into my office editor

But I still think that 70 RR/ Satellites were one of the most attractive designs ever, and that wing cars are just about the ugliest.

I did NOT realize, however, that the rear window was different between the Daytona and Superbird

The whole frikkin cars are different, not just the rear window.

That is a great story on how they built cars back in the days. I wish someone had one for 65 Dartcharger from the Los Angeles plant....!

"No color coat is applied to the roof of cars that will receive a vinyl roof, greatly cutting the use of expensive finish paint."

Explains why there's always the most rust damage under old vinyl tops.

Nice read. Quite the "page turner".

I thought it would be dry, but I found myself eager to find out "what happens next".

Disclaimer- I'm from Ohio (next door to Michagan), and I believe the majority of folks around my age, brought up in that region have what I like to call the "assembly line mentality". It's a great skill to have, and applies to many other areas. it allows you to quickly find a pattern in repetative tasks, and organize them into the most efficient and productive sequences. -but that's just me.

-
Back