Cigarette Lighter

-

bob7four

Reaction score
69 Barracuda dash has a hole to the right of the radio. There was nothing there when I bought the car. Manual says it's for a cigarette lighter. The ashtray also appears to have a spot for a lighter but nothing there either. I would really like to fill the hole in the dash bezel with something so what would be correct? I don't really need a functioning lighter.

Besides a lighter, the only things I know that went in that area are a speaker front/rear fader switch and a convertible top switch.

The lighter guts aren't too expensive, and it can be useful as a charging port.

This. Or the fire missles. Both rare ? Only came in CIA cars

20240818_173503.jpg

My '74 Duster's starter button is in cigarette lighter. As ignition is routed to a switch panel.

This is obviously done for drag racing purposes. So ignition kill is not fumbling with a key. The original ignition only unlocks steering.

Probably not the setup you are looking. But does supply an idea to fill cigarette lighter hole?

dash (3).jpg

api9qx8dl__52020.1531246413.1280.1280.jpg

To be correct on a Barracuda- that hole is a cigarette lighter (on a Dart with rally dash it is not). On the Barracuda the cig hole in the ashtray is unused and the cig hole in the console is unused.

I'd just put a lighter in it. You never know when you might need to burn the side of somebody's face. lol

I'd just put a lighter in it. You never know when you might need to burn the side of somebody's face. lol
Today weed is legal. So a Stoner would say. "Hey man, this is bogus if I can't light my dobbie!"

69 Barracuda dash has a hole to the right of the radio. There was nothing there when I bought the car. Manual says it's for a cigarette lighter. The ashtray also appears to have a spot for a lighter but nothing there either. I would really like to fill the hole in the dash bezel with something so what would be correct? I don't really need a functioning lighter.
Lighter sockets are easy to find and elements can be purchased new. Place a want ad in the Marketplace forms here for one.

May be a good idea but, I wouldn't want that in the dash of my car.
I have a plug in charger and voltmeter I use in both of mine. Pull it out and pop the lighter back in when you get to the show.

cigarette lighter usb adapter.jpg2.jpg

-
Back