Classic Auto Air adapter mounting plate for factory A/C cars

-

myduster360

Reaction score
Classic Auto Air adapter mounting plate.

As some may know, the CAA evap assembly is only intended for Non-A/C cars and it mounts off the OEM blower fan mounting holes.
Well if you have an A/C car and want to upgrade your factory A/C box you're SOL. Why? because the blower fans are completely different between A/C and Non-A/C cars and there's just nothing left to mount the CAA evap box to.

Well to solve this issue, I just measured the bejesus out of my stock and CAA evap and firewall and came up with this handy-dandy adapter plate. It has 1/4-20 studs that use 2 of the original stock evap mounting holes and has two open holes to emulate the Non-AC blower fan mounting so that the CAA evap had something to bolt to.

20180110_202538.jpg

You might want to make a full size tracing of that. Have you contacted the manufacturer to see if they're interested?

Classic Auto Air adapter mounting plate.

As some may know, the CAA evap assembly is only intended for Non-A/C cars and it mounts off the OEM blower fan mounting holes.
Well if you have an A/C car and want to upgrade your factory A/C box you're SOL. Why? because the blower fans are completely different between A/C and Non-A/C cars and there's just nothing left to mount the CAA evap box to.

Well to solve this issue, I just measured the bejesus out of my stock and CAA evap and firewall and came up with this handy-dandy adapter plate. It has 1/4-20 studs that use 2 of the original stock evap mounting holes and has two open holes to emulate the Non-AC blower fan mounting so that the CAA evap had something to bolt to.

View attachment 1715129353
Hi just found your post we are redoing my sons 72 Demon and he’s putting the classic air in it. My bad is I didn’t do my homework and we filled the factory air hose and painted the engine bay but I didn’t catch that the blower motors are different sizes so my question is how did your adapter plate turn out and do you sell them?any pictures of the final job done. Thanks for any help. KB9GIB

One more pic of it placed where it belongs would help. It looks strange as hell where it is at 1st glance. Cheers

At least $100. I honestly don’t know. But am wanting to up grade the ac in my 67 barracuda system with classic air and I got the non ac dash I can put in it. I am hoping that bracket would be all I need. Send me a pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not supposed to sell or buy on non-sale threads but this is a needed part and discussion is needed so carry on with that. @myduster360 when you are ready to sell a few of these please start a sale thread. @Tim Thurber, I see you are interested but you should send 360 a personal message and don't post your personal e mail on the site for your internet security. Thanks

You're not supposed to sell or buy on non-sale threads but this is a needed part and discussion is needed so carry on with that. @myduster360 when you are ready to sell a few of these please start a sale thread. @Tim Thurber, I see you are interested but you should send 360 a personal message and don't post your personal e mail on the site for your internet security. Thanks
Sorry new to this site. It’s not very user friendly it doesn’t seem. Thanks again!

-
Back