Classic car insurance

-
We always use an insurance broker, and right now I have three trucks covered by Hagerty, while the daily drivers are covered by Farmers.

Anyway, I haven't had any claims, or issues, with Hagerty, but next year- who knows what I'll have?

Good luck!

I used Hagerty for years... But they have been sold to a big company & things are changing... I've heard of a couple instances where they have under paid what a body shop quoted... A member over on FBBO has been fighting for over a year to get his claim paid...

Plus they have been refusing to write policies for what car owners feel their car is worth.. I have a buddy with a #s matching 69 Coronet R/T 440-4spd Ramcharger (N96) hood, beautiful car.. They wouldn't cover it at 55K said it was a 35K car....

These days I'm with Grundy...

I use Hagerty. Good pricing and coverage.
I was with Haggerty for probably at least 10 or 12 years. Every year the rates went up a lot. finally, about 8 or 10 years ago, I got another 10 or 15% annual increase and started looking. I have been with Grundy ever since. The premium for my 69 Barracuda had gotten to be over $300 a year with Hagerty, an it dropped to about $200 with Grundy; with better coverage. At the time, Hagerty told me that there were restrictions on driving my car! If I drove it to a store or restaurant and it got stolen; too bad! Grundy said, "Drive your car and enjoy it." That is all I will say.

I have had my old cars insured with Grundy since 1993. I've never had to file a claim, but I did ask for their help with a guy who door dinged my Challenger conv. His insurance company was balking at paying to have my car fixed. The guy I talked to at Grundy about it made a phone call and the other guys insurance company had a big change of attitude. I feel what they charge is fair.

I use Hagerty. Good pricing and coverage.
Same!! I got insurance through them for my Valiant last December... For some reason, I didn't even have to provide photos which I found kind of weird.

We use State Farm...If you take your classic car to a local dealership or qualified appraiser the agent we use has State Farm insure the car for the appraised amount. I like that they accept a neutral appraised value...not what the agency decides your car is worth.

I was with Haggerty for probably at least 10 or 12 years. Every year the rates went up a lot. finally, about 8 or 10 years ago, I got another 10 or 15% annual increase and started looking. I have been with Grundy ever since. The premium for my 69 Barracuda had gotten to be over $300 a year with Hagerty, an it dropped to about $200 with Grundy; with better coverage. At the time, Hagerty told me that there were restrictions on driving my car! If I drove it to a store or restaurant and it got stolen; too bad! Grundy said, "Drive your car and enjoy it." That is all I will say.
Is there a mileage limit with Grundy?

I used Hagerty for 13 years, in that time I made no claims, but my premium more than tripled in cost. I just recently switched to Grundy, I got the same coverage that I had with Hagerty, but Grundy was just over 1/3 the cost. They want $312 a year for 28k in coverage.

I have American collectors insurance they appraised my 68 GT Dart over what I wanted their prices were better then anyone else

I have had the same State Farm agent for 44 years. When my Dart was stolen last year, I had a check for the agreed upon amount minus my deductible in less than a week. No complaints.

Hagerty has gone in the toilet. They are now also 'associated' with progressive; I shant get started here, but I would go without before giving progressive any of my money...
American Collectors has a good policy and are very reasonable premium-wise. Regrettably, I had a small claim with them, and tho it maybe didnt progress quite as quickly as I would have liked, it wasnt ridiculous and was absolutely no headache. Plus, even their basic policy covers some spare parts and memorabilia.

-
Back