Classic Industries manual box

-

Muswagon

Reaction score
I was going to order the PST manual box, but their shipping to Canada is very high (not their fault), so I found a 16:1 manual box from Classic Industries on the bay. All in shipped was less than before shipped price from PST so I gave it a shot.

Arrived yesterday. It is aluminum and weighs nothing, not sure if this is the same with the PST box??

I am going to center it and do the remove/replace of the power stuff. Got a new MOOG manual pitman as well.

Anyone else buy this box? I will take pics later.

lastly, what steering U joint are people using? yes I know I can simply re build my coupler but I drove my buddies manual steering with u joint and loved it that is what I am doing. Is the flaming river the only one that is a non nonsense install? I think even with the River one you have to cut down shaft and re drill hole for roll pin?

And yes I know the steering shafts are different, I bought one of the manual to power deals as well (goes on box, turns it into power spline and longer).

The pitman arm is the same manual vs. power that year. If the new box is meant to replace a stock box without modifications, you should just need to use the adaptor shaft to connect to your power steering coupler. No need to go about cutting the column and fitting it with a U-joint type coupler, that's just more work and expense.

I should clarify, all of the power stuff in it is 73+, large sector box, 'other way' pitman/idler/center link.

I really want to avoid the stock coupler, having driven both a U joint car and a coupler car, the difference is amazing road feel and feedback wise.

-
Back