Cleaned my carb with Pine sol

-

jonnyrose

Reaction score
I did a 50/50 mix pine sol and water 48 hour soak time,can't believe it worked.

20210405_183711.jpg

20210407_163831.jpg

I've been using Simple Green 100%. Cleans everything better and does not damage anything. No disposal issues for either also.

Last edited:
As of 2018, Pine-Sol can be found on store shelves with an ingredient label stating "Contains Pine Oil" but this is not listed as an active ingredient. Pine oil in modern Pine-Sol seems to be added for fragrance only, as the product still uses glycolic acid as the sole active ingredient.

I’ve had great luck with with sno bowl. You must check it every 10 min as first it will eat the finish off and eventually the whole carb..ask me how I know . It hands down though it the best I have ever used and cheap. Can you say diluted hydrochloric acid? I had a carb once that looked like it had been snowed on as a result of
Electrolysis I was sure it was a goner. Cleaned right up

Last edited:
Nice! I was at a buddies farm yesterday and spotted a nice sized ultrasonic cleaner. Big enuf for carbs and he mixes pine sol and water. Bull was posing.

20210410_164210.jpg

Did you soak it assembled? lol

I've been using Simple Green 100%. Cleans everything better and does no damage to anything. No disposal issues for either also.
Is there only one "product" labeled "simple green?" And what is the best sources/ price you've found?

The original Simple Green was not to be used on Aluminum.. so keep that in mind while you're shopping...

Is there only one "product" labeled "simple green?" And what is the best sources/ price you've found?

I think they have different scents. I bought mine at Lowes, 2.5 gal for $15 if I remember correctly. Aluminum seems to work well, but I watch it, rinse, and blow dry the parts when done. I only rebuild Carters, so, they are aluminum. It also works well on pistons.

-
Back