• same clifford setup with 2brl

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

newby

Reaction score
Hey all,
Bought the wife a 69 swinger. Car has 63000 original miles and is pretty good shape. Would like to see your thoughts on intakes and carb setups and why? Going to keep the six in it and want to upgrade cam, intake, headers to dual exhaust and carburetor.
Thanks in advance for the advise.

Attachments

• IMG_20150513_193854184_HDR.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_20150505_163408947_HDR.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 271
I just did that swap on my sons Duster, we used a Offy intake, Clifford header, 2 1/4" exhaust, and a Motocraft 4100 series 4bbl carb, it turned out pretty good except we don't have any trans kickdown cable, just doing it manually as he is going to swap over to a 4 spd when he has finished collecting the rest of the parts he needs for the conversion and didnt want to shell out for a Lokar cable that he wouldn't need later, as for the parts well the intake was a good deal at the swap meet and we heard nothing but good on Offy parts, the Clifford header was also too good of a deal as it was n.o.s but used price, the carb was tough because as we used the stock cam we didnt want to shove too much fuel at it so we needed a small cfm and they are tough to find, I must say that little Motocraft carb has been trouble free, they were used on small displacement v8's mid sixties-seventies era, we do have a Crane cam set up for it but just ran out of time as spring snuck up on us quick so that will go in the fall

Ask me they are equally as good. i have the offy on mine with a 390 holley 4 barrell, dual hooker headers with 2 1/2 inch stainless steel pipes and flowmasters. Runs great and sonuds awsome. I am forever getting called a liar when i tell people the car has a slant six in it.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 257
I've used both intakes.It is said a Clifford will make more power,,Maybe for high a horse power application.They both seem the same to me.My 67 Dart with the Offy ran a best of 12.90...So....Not to shabby.

The Offy is just basically a stock port size intake with a four barrel flange. The Clifford is the real performance piece. I would try to get the Clifford used, rather than through them.

For a mostly street driver, I would use the Offie. If you are going to race on a regular basis, go for the Clifford.

Ask me they are equally as good. i have the offy on mine with a 390 holley 4 barrell, dual hooker headers with 2 1/2 inch stainless steel pipes and flowmasters. Runs great and sonuds awsome. I am forever getting called a liar when i tell people the car has a slant six in it.
That's awesome. What are you running for gears?

The Offy is just basically a stock port size intake with a four barrel flange. The Clifford is the real performance piece. I would try to get the Clifford used, rather than through them.
Have had feelers out for awhile ,no luck on finding used so far.

Thanks for the replies guys, I know either setup will be a huge upgrade. Just wanted to make sure one wasn't noticeably better than the other.

I used the clifford headers and intake.
With dual exhaust and an x pipe 2 1/4 with flowmaster 40s
The intake is dual 2 barrel weber 38s.

It's great. I'm gonna upgrade the cam soon and some valve work.

I would buy either one that came up for sale first that was a good deal :glasses7:

-
Back