Clifford Tri Pac Setup

-

Octavio Garcia

Reaction score
Good evening fam! I fell in love with the slant 6 and what it has to offer. I just picked up a rebuilt 904 and a tri pac manifold. NOS.

I seen the Weber 45 Dcoe is the premier choice. Are there any alternatives.

Also, do I have to use a drill press in order to make holes to mount the carbs!

I’m a newbie to the slants! Any help and guidance will be highly appreciated.

ECAE41BB-58DA-4736-97E2-2079E6F5C86C.jpeg

The holes for carburetor mounting are already there.

The intake and exhaust nest together and then are mounted to the head by triangle washers extending over those flanges. This allows the exhaust portion to slide on the gasket when it expands with heat so it doesnt crack. Lots of Chinese Weber DCOE clones out there now, fairly cheap.

The intake and exhaust nest together and then are mounted to the head by triangle washers extending over those flanges. This allows the exhaust portion to slide on the gasket when it expands with heat so it doesnt crack. Lots of Chinese Weber DCOE clones out there now, fairly cheap.

Aaaaah okay! I see it now.

I saw some Hong Kong Weber knock off by the name of FAJS. Are they any good?

I tried looking for some forums on something alternative for the 45 Weber dcoe but I couldn’t find anything on it

Weber guys will tell you there is no replacement short of a Dellorto but they are not that complicated and The Chinese can copy anything. As to the quality, who knows. I got a great Chinese made Nikki carb for my Mazda, works like a champ.

Weber guys will tell you there is no replacement short of a Dellorto but they are not that complicated and The Chinese can copy anything. As to the quality, who knows. I got a great Chinese made Nikki carb for my Mazda, works like a champ.

You’re making me want to purchase some eBay ones as we type! Lol

I heard tuning them is tough. Is that myth or bust?

Tuning multiple carburetors requires patience & a sync meter, there isn't that much to it.

getting the baseline on multple carbs is always a challenge. If you get 3 new ones and set the screws to a reference point, youll probably be pretty close. The sync or flow meter is a device that you put on the intake horn and tune to get a set vacuum level. Do that 6 times......and then youll have to adjust the idle..on all 3 unless you run a linkage that allows minute individual carb changed via a nut, most all have them. Its a labor of love. Once they are set, your golden.

45 DCOE's are way to big for most Slant 6's. Bolting them onto a stock or mildly modified Slanty will result in lazy responsiveness. Heck, I tried a 500cfm Holey 2300 on my Doug Dutra modified Slant 6 with a Super 6 intake and it bogged at anything but high rpm. Ended up with a 350 cfm Holley 2300 on it, and it loved it.

I beleive 1 of those 45 DCOE's is near 500 cfm or there abouts. Now, if you use that intake for an EFI conversion, that would be cool.

getting the baseline on multple carbs is always a challenge. If you get 3 new ones and set the screws to a reference point, youll probably be pretty close. The sync or flow meter is a device that you put on the intake horn and tune to get a set vacuum level. Do that 6 times......and then youll have to adjust the idle..on all 3 unless you run a linkage that allows minute individual carb changed via a nut, most all have them. Its a labor of love. Once they are set, your golden.
Sweet! Sounds like my first step will Be getting three new or rebuilt carbs.

I was going to go with the 45 dcoe but I have a fellow member stating those carbs will be too much for my stock setup.

I had someone suggest the SU carbs but idk if they will fit

45 DCOE's are way to big for most Slant 6's. Bolting them onto a stock or mildly modified Slanty will result in lazy responsiveness. Heck, I tried a 500cfm Holey 2300 on my Doug Dutra modified Slant 6 with a Super 6 intake and it bogged at anything but high rpm. Ended up with a 350 cfm Holley 2300 on it, and it loved it.

I beleive 1 of those 45 DCOE's is near 500 cfm or there abouts. Now, if you use that intake for an EFI conversion, that would be cool.
EFI conversion with the same intake? I would love to look into this. Any articles about this?

If the 45 DCOEs are too big... which carbs do you suggest or what do I have to do to my engine so it doesn’t respond with a lazy attitude. Lol

I just picked up a rebuilt 904. What should
I do to this bad boy before slapping it on my 69 Dart?

do you suggest this setup if you’re planning to drive a lot. Do I have a time limit with these carbs?

Sorry about all questions all at once! Lol

I just got the vinyl top and interior finished. I’m going to stick with the original paint because it’s still in really good condition.

All the trim is getting professionally cleaned and straightened.

The only chrome I’m missing will be for the quarter window. A fellow member said they had a set so I’m just waiting on him.

It is freeway ready as of now. I took a trip to downtown LA.

328404A1-B1DC-4EA1-9088-5E3926423D43.jpeg

A8D2C7FE-C10D-4556-B007-8C6643FDB9A4.jpeg

3EFCDB88-9A4E-4D31-A7BC-BD2EEC475120.jpeg

Nice solid car ya got there.

But I gotta say, took one look at that manifold and thought it wouldn't take much to drill each leg near the head, weld in some FI bungs, sheet metal intake to mount a throttle body.

That would be a PERFECT manifold to adapt toe independent throttle body EFI

-
Back