Close to pulling the trigger... any specifics to watch for??

-
I want this to be a 4 door. LOL... Here is the list of 2 doors we own currently:
  1. Plymouth duster
  2. another Plymouth duster
  3. Ramcharger
  4. another ramcharger
  5. pick up truck
  6. another pick up truck
  7. Mustang

It'll be a cool grocery getter.

Thanks All, I got a few pointers on the early A's specific that I can inspect. I guess I'd prefer it be a '66 mainly due to the shift cables and ball/trunnion, but we'll see how it all turns out.
:thumbsup:

I want this to be a 4 door. LOL... Here is the list of 2 doors we own currently:
  1. Plymouth duster
  2. another Plymouth duster
  3. Ramcharger
  4. another ramcharger
  5. pick up truck
  6. another pick up truck
  7. Mustang
Did you buy it yet, I want to see pics of it

I've heard the rear window (back glass) is a beeyotch to find if you break it... Windshields, on the other hand, are the same between ALL early As and are available new.

this cant be true? my 62 valiant needs a windshield, but it sure looks different than a 63. source?

this cant be true? my 62 valiant needs a windshield, but it sure looks different than a 63. source?
'63-'66 are all the same, all body styles. Earlier than that were the same between Valiant & Lancer, Dart was a B body before '63.

*Update: Looking at 2 more early A's and may end up with one by the end of the week. I'm not posting details because if i don't get one, it doesn't matter. If i buy one, then I'll have something to post :)

I'm late to the party on this, but check the underside of the air intake plenum for rust through. Leaves fall into the area and hold moisture and eventually rot through, common problem, not easy or cheap to fix. Just my 2 cents worth, but I'm dealing with the issue right now, and mine isn't nearly as bad as some I've seen. All the best with your new acquisition!

-
Back