clutch fork pivot question

-

nuttyprof

Reaction score
I need the dimensions for the clutch fork pivot in an a833od bellhousing. It looks like it should be similar to the one in my '62 3 speed bell, but I don't know if it is interchangeable. the fork has a groove across it and a metal tab riveted in to hold it to the support. I do not know what year it came from or I'd tell you that. I think if I can find out the height of the support and the size and position of the hole I could make one.

Thanks for any info you share

nuttyprof

I haven't been able to post pictures here for a while so I hope the following dimensions make sense.

The one out of my aluminum four speed 340 bell with a 4.8 register hole is 1 3/4" high (1.73), 1 29/32" (1.91) wide at the bend, and slightly over 2" (2.03) wide at the top of the bend above the slot.
Bottom bend of bracket is about 1 27/32" wide outside of bend to opposite edge at the bottom bolt hole.
Bottom bolt hole is 1 3/8" center of hole to outside edge of bend and 1/2" center of hole to bottom edge of bracket.
Upper hole is 1 9/16" center of hole to outside edge of bend and 1 1/2" center to center with the lower hole. The upper hole is just about on center with the upper edge of the bracket at the bend.
Keyhole to hold the fork retaining tab looks like a 9/16" diameter circle in the middle of a 3/8" X 7/8" slot.
Outside edge of the slot is .4" (about 13/32") to outside edge of bracket (circular center of slot to edge is .3" (about 19/64") and ends of slot are slightly over 1/2" (.56) from upper and lower edges.
1/4" of the ends of the top edge of bracket that goes against the fork is beveled down about 1/8".
The edge of the bracket at the register hole is just about even with it (I believe the one in my slant six OD bell (5.125 register hole) overlaps it).
Bracket bolts on with 5/16" hexhead bolts about 1/2" long.

If all this sounds like so much gobbledegook, PM me with your email address and I'll send you pictures and a diagram.

-
Back