Clutch Pedal Assembly

-

Connor Rice

Reaction score
I had just recently rebuilt my clutch pedal assembly for my dart, and I am using a 67-72 A-Body pedal assembly. However, when I went to finishing installing it, I think I may have misplaced a piece or broken it to hold the clutch pedal shaft in place, and not sliding out. I am uploading a picture where the section circled in red is where my problem is occurring. Any thoughts or advice to a solution? Thank you!
IMG_2213.jpg

THe clip and bolt goes on the other side, a U shaped clip with a bolt to hold it to the frame

Man that's a job I hate. Laying under the dash monkeying with those pedals and small clips with absolutely nowhere to put your arms or anything. I was swearing up a storm so bad one day my elderly mother heard me and drove from 2 towns over to put soap in my mouth.

If it's our of the car, no big deal. The clutch return spring is so easy to put back on .
Other advice is correct on the clip.

On a side note are you aware that the high performance (340) cars had a slightly longer clutch "stroke?" If you search here, OldManMopar had a thread on this sometime back

-
Back