Clutch pedal shake

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
on my 68 barracuda car shifts great and all put at idle the damn clutch pedal shakes it gets pretty annoying, any guess? Why?

Loose or poorly adjusted clutch linkage, clutch linkage contacting something attached to the engine (riding on the manifold/header or something), worn out clutch pedal bushings, and maybe worst case a warped clutch disk. Those would be my guesses.

Could also just be an engine shake at idle that’s transmitting back through all the linkages.

Loose or poorly adjusted clutch linkage, clutch linkage contacting something attached to the engine (riding on the manifold/header or something) worn out clutch pedal bushings, and maybe worst case a warped clutch disk. Those would be my guesses.
Clutch and flywheel were all new, but I'm kind of leaning towards the worn clutch pedal bushing the center spring was removed due to the newer style diaphragm clutch .but looks like they bent the pedal and popped the pedal clip holding the clutch pedal in place. We but a c clip on it so it wouldn't slide left to right.

There should be free play between the TO bearing with your foot off the clutch.

Also, uneven pp fingers. This can be caused by somthing damaged, bent fingers, etc, improperly assembled / adjusted at the "rebuild" plant, or a DISK THAT IS UNEVEN

-
Back