Clutch pedal

-

340Dart

Obsessive Dart Disorder
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What holds the clutch pedal shaft in place? I used a c-clip to hold it, but it keeps breaking or falling off in time. Whatever was there was missing when I put the pedal assembly in. So, I have no idea what was there or what should be used. Thanks for any info.

Fred B

Do you have the washer behind the clip? If not there will be too much end play in the whole assembly and that will cause the clip to fail. It's nothing special just a plain steel flat washer. I think it's 7/16" I.D.
Ted

If you have the means and the time I guess, heres what I did. I made a new Bellcrank(Zbar) heard them called both then drilled 1/2" holes used Stainless Bolts/Nuts with Plastic washshers and Nylon lock nuts. I hate those e-clips also. Never had one fall off which is surprizing but such a pain to put on and off. D(Forgot had to have machinist at work make me a insert to fit in one end to stop side to side action, kinda can see it in the pic) Sorry shoulda read farther talking bout diffrent part...

DSCN0816.jpg

I think you're talking about what they call a "spring clip",kind of a fold over clip , but not like the ones they use on the body. Hard to find,but Laysons has them for about $3.95 each,part # wo-085

-
Back