clutch recommendations

-

OUTLAW

Master of All Mopars
Reaction score
Ok I will only jack and bang with a used part for about 10 minutes and then it hits the trash can and a new part goes in. Well this clutch setup hit its time limit so out it went . Now to my question what do you guys recomend for a 360 clutch ? the last clutch I bought for racing was in 70 for a hemi and I still have it it was a ZOOM. But now they have Ram Dual friction and Centerforce has dual discs and Hays has some (insert special name here). All the street/strip clutches all appear to be the same ...OEM STOCK FOR twice the price. Or 30% and 60% better than stock(loved that comparison). I'm not concerned with light pedal feel or soft release (I have a hydraulic linkage )I just need a clutch that can take banzi holeshots and still be driven in traffic without me taking a second mortgage out on my house. I see Ram has some pancake turner looking disc with 5 or 6 paddles instead of full faced disc...whats the deal there-when it wears out you make a window fan out of it ? Oh ya and who has the best prices on your recommendation. Thanks cuz I have to get it ordered today (no one stocks anything around here except for small block chebbies)

sounds to me like you'd want something in the dual friction variety....

that's what the next clutch for my 68 mustang is going to be.....i just haven't been ecstatic about the Hays I have now...and the Zoom i had before, it lasted 2 weeks.....and then i was SICK of it....they were both 3-finger clutches

neither one holds like a $300 clutch should.....so i'll give the dual friction a chance....

-
Back