Cold Case

-

limegreen70

Pokorny Enterprise's
Reaction score
A pure curiosity question, are Cold case radiators made in the USA? From what I see and read, they seem to be a very good product but I just like to know where stuff is made if possible. I couldn't find much info from my searches.

A pure curiosity question, are Cold case radiators made in the USA? From what I see and read, they seem to be a very good product but I just like to know where stuff is made if possible. I couldn't find much info from my searches.

Nope, they sure aren’t.

Not only are they made in China, but they are also MIA on the site. I've still got an unanswered PM from a while back and several other members have said the same thing. I ordered a Cold Case radiator from Summit back in August. After waiting a couple of weeks for an answer, I called them. The rep I talked to at Cold Case told me to order through Summit, so I did. It was almost 100 bucks cheaper. Problem was, Summit didn't have it and neither did Cold case. This was in early August, with a ship date of August the 16th. Then the 26th. Then September the 26th. Finally December 1st. That's when I cancelled the order, got a refund and ordered a Summit Radiator they had in stock. Got it in two days.

That would be a real shame. I put my Cold Case radiator to the test over the last 2 months on a 5200 mile road trip that included Rt 66 across Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Southern California. Temp never went over 195, EVER, even rolling into Needles CA at 113 degrees, and the slow light to light slog on 66 through the 18 side by side urban cities east and west of LA on a 96 degree day.

I bought one of their radiators, my only complaint is with the height of the cap. They use a billet neck, and it stands a bit higher than stock. I had to drop the radiator down some to clear the underside of the hood. I don't have a shroud at the moment, so I don't know yet if that'll be an issue.

That would be a real shame. I put my Cold Case radiator to the test over the last 2 months on a 5200 mile road trip that included Rt 66 across Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Southern California. Temp never went over 195, EVER, even rolling into Needles CA at 113 degrees, and the slow light to light slog on 66 through the 18 side by side urban cities east and west of LA on a 96 degree day.
What would? That they're made in China? Their rep has said so right on this forum. It's a fact. Nobody's saying that's a bad thing. That's just where they're made. If you want to see what a real made in USA radiator costs, take a look at US Radiator and look one up for your car.

Our radiators are designed and tested in our Hatfield, PA office and then patterns are sent to one of two factories in China that make our radiators to our specifications.

-
Back