Collector reducer? Why?

-

72scampguy

Reaction score
My tti headers came with 3.5 inch flange but the bolt on collector is reduced to 3. Would this be OK with a 700hp sb?

I've never run reducers. I always go with whatever size the header is.

Nascar runs a pinched collector that opens back up. Maybe velocity? also running 3" exhaust the back is near impossible on some cars.....The farther you are from the engine, the cooler the exhaust and the 'smaller' it is to the pipes due to contraction of the hot expanded gasses getting cooler.
001.jpg

Thanks guys. So maybe 3.5 to the muffler then 3 out. Got a good exhaust guy so maybe he can get some 3 inch out the back for me.

Mine had a 3” exhaust from headers back when it bought it. You can buy it for a bodies. There isn’t much room, but it fits.

i dont know, how are you going to get 700 HP to hook ?
not with 185/17-14 polyglass' thats for sure

my point is, figure that out first, because you dont want to sneak that exhaust in there, then realize you need to minitub it and shorten the rear end and then do it all again

i dont know, how are you going to get 700 HP to hook ?
not with 185/17-14 polyglass' thats for sure

my point is, figure that out first, because you dont want to sneak that exhaust in there, then realize you need to minitub it and shorten the rear end and then do it all again
I've got it mini tubbed and Calvert split mono leaf with caltracs

-
Back