College guy, Long Island, NY, looking for a project!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitrocide595

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Alright, so here's the deal: I'm a college student in the Long Island (NY) area working 2 jobs to get through school, but I think it's important to my education to have a project car to work on while I'm in school (Majoring in auto tech).

I know in this economy, this isn't what most people selling mopars want to hear, but I'm more than willing to work it off this summer or maybe try and arrange some sort of a monthly payment or something. After bills, I don't have much cash each month to play around with, but I'm honest and I was brought up to always do my best and be honest. I also know that in this economy, most people selling their mopars need the cash to either keep the house or feed the family, so I understand the chances of hitting such an offer are low.

I'm looking for maybe a '70 challenger, 68 dart, or maybe a '70 'cuda, but I'm open to other suggestions. I don't care what the drivetrain is- It can be a 318-440, or a roller, doesn't make a difference to me. I have a 360 block sitting around I could build at a later date. When I say "work it off" I obviously mean within legal limits... (I have friends who have done some crazy stuff for a car). PM me if you have any ideas, know of any cheap project cars for sale in the area, or any suggestions. All help is greatly appreciated.

My only request regarding the car is "preferably no rust bucket barn finds". I don't mean to be picky, I just doubt I'd ever have the money to do a full restoration with massive amounts of body work, etc.. Tell me what car you have to offer, how much you value it at/ what kind of work I could do for it, I'll take a look, and we'll see what we can work out.

Thanks a lot for reading this post, and PM me with any questions or offers/ suggestions.

-Bryan

lol yeah I've hunted around on there... thought about posting this there too, but didn't get to it today.

I figure it doesn't cost me anything to post it anywhere, so it's worth a shot ;)

If you're on the island, can I expect to see you at the F.A.E. Club car show? (Details on this thread: ) http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=183163 it's gonna be awesome!

lol yeah I've hunted around on there... thought about posting this there too, but didn't get to it today.

I figure it doesn't cost me anything to post it anywhere, so it's worth a shot ;)

If you're on the island, can I expect to see you at the F.A.E. Club car show? (Details on this thread: ) http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=183163 it's gonna be awesome!

That sounds like a great time, but that Saturday is actually my engagement party, haha. I'd be in trouble if I missed that...

there are still plenty of cheap rust free dusters and darts to be had. if you are looking for an E body be prepared to spend some money

yeah, loving E bodies is a curse really lol I'm willing to start with a Dart or Duster and then trade up for a Challenger someday (I hope)

and 71, *pish* Invite everyone then! XD nah, it's ok, have fun and congrats :)

Also, I figure at this point, I'd be ok with a late 60's 'cuda too, but I'm kinda picky about those...

UPDATE: "mr Dart" made a very nice offer for a 68 cuda but unfortunately I knew i personally wouldnt be up to the work it needed. HOWEVER, it was a very attractive offer. I want to clarify, I'm open to ANY mopar you may have around that I can make monthly payments on or barter for over the summer. Contact me with details! Thank you, again, Mr. Dart!

70-72 E body and 68-70 B body dont exactly mesh with "low budget"
those cars were never produced in high numbers and the few that remain
are coveted.
have a low rust S/6 auto 68/69 Dart body for $600 with one door, and hood
you could take rolling tub w/o engine/trans, hood or door for $400
you would have to have trucker pick up. Have pics.
Dave las Cruces New Mexico UsA

Still looking around... Took a really strong liking to the 71-74 Charger, Road Runner, and GTX and they have decent prices for drivers.

As of now, I'm putting away about $100-$200 a month to go toward a project car. Still looking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back