Color Suggestions for Scamp

-

Abodymachine

Reaction score
I have a 75 scamp with a 318.. orig /6 car.. b5 blue with blue interior.. granniest car you have ever seen.. now with black interior..

I cannot make up my mind on a color combo for the exterior/tail stripe..

Also wheels.. my old man wants rallies.. but i like pro stars or cragars..

I did find a 71 barracuda lime light poly i liked.. possibly with a black tail stripe/ hood scoop. but i don't know and it is almost crunch time.. primer sealer is going on this week

The car will have a tail stripe for sure and the 65 66 belvadere, coronet scoop

PLEASE PLEASE.. my mopar friends give me some color help

You know what they says about opinions.. but since you asked, here's mine: I don't like any of the "high impact colors" (except maybe Plum Crazy), and my number-one choice for A-bodies is always going to be F8 dark green. I'd go with dark green body (w/ hood & scoop painted to match, I'm not a fan of the matte-black hood thing), with white top.

Second choice would be that rootbeerish metallic brown (forget what it's called- Dark Bronze?) with a black vinyl top. Personally speaking, I'm not a stripe guy either, but to each their own.

Oh, and as far as wheels go- steelies & dogdishes, every time.

Roast everybodies eyeballs out.............

Curious Yella

Curious.jpg

The root beer brown that Slantsick suggested is also a good choice.

Platinum silver metallic. It was a very bright and heavy metallic flaked silver available in 1998 on dodges. saw it on a Neon years ago and liked it alot. Black 70 Duster stripe the length of the car, the twin lined one without the 340 on the quarters. With the tail light set up on that car I dont think the tail stripe would look right. BUT a body length stripe Ie. like the Road Runners and GTX would be badass. a dual snorkel scoop would be neat as well on that car. You asked for it. Thats my opinion.

CHeck this Out!!!! I remembered this car from years back. It was SWEET!!!!
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/...y/mopp_0111_1971_plymouth_scamp/photo_02.html

Platinum silver metallic. It was a very bright and heavy metallic flaked silver available in 1998 on dodges. saw it on a Neon years ago and liked it alot. Black 70 Duster stripe the length of the car, the twin lined one without the 340 on the quarters. With the tail light set up on that car I dont think the tail stripe would look right. BUT a body length stripe Ie. like the Road Runners and GTX would be badass. a dual snorkel scoop would be neat as well on that car. You asked for it. Thats my opinion.

CHeck this Out!!!! I remembered this car from years back. It was SWEET!!!!
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/...y/mopp_0111_1971_plymouth_scamp/photo_02.html

now that is sweet. i do like the stripes... very tempted to get away from the tail stripe and go for that look.. maybe in b5 and black duster stripes.. cragars..

now that is sweet. i do like the stripes... very tempted to get away from the tail stripe and go for that look.. maybe in b5 and black duster stripes.. cragars..

Now your talking, checkout the new Mazda 3. They have this bright blue called Celestial blue, It looks bright as hell for Blue. Even toyota has an awesome blue I have seen on Tundras lately. Everyone does B5 so I'm thinking pick a newer brighter more extreme shade of B5.
I could see that with Matt black stripes and the twin hood scoops.

Here is the Mazda Celestial Blue:
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsGallery&vehicleCode=M3H

And the Toyota:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=... metallic&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

looks like an electric blue.. that ought to get some attention.. i am looking into the mazda blue.. man that is sharp..

i am feeling the cragars.. idk about the grill though.. i like the stock look better but the car collectively is badass

I had a 74 that was the dark metalic green with black vinyl top no stripes etc steel wheels with dog dish hubcaps with a 360 and 4 speed made a kool looking sleeper.
I now have a 74 that is VW yellow with black bumble bee stripe (attracts bugs)
I preferred the green one

Yeah, I still think the tail stripe looks out of place on the 73 up cars. The very end of the quarter panel is too square unlike the 70-72 models that angled back like the stripe did. Body length stripes look much better imo. But hey to each his own.

Bkbond12, NICE Scamp you got in your avatar! Thats F3 Amber Sherwood right? I'm hoping to see a newly painted F3 car at a show sometime as I ponder maybe painting my own back to that color someday.

I say stick blue, either go with B5 or the mazda blue, IMO.

Bkbond12, NICE Scamp you got in your avatar! Thats F3 Amber Sherwood right? I'm hoping to see a newly painted F3 car at a show sometime as I ponder maybe painting my own back to that color someday.

Thanks. I'm not actually sure on the color, it's about 85% original paint (two spots were touched up).

Well, I just pulled the fender tag info and it came back with GF3 and GF7 which are Medium and Dark Metallic Green. Hmm...I might have copied down a number wrong. There are some bigger, better pics in my original welcome post if you want to look...http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=86777

I apologize, I'm not trying to hijack this thread.

probably going to stay blue but i do like the stripe going down the side as apposed to the tail stripe... really thinking hard about his one because i can but a wing on it if i go with the stripes down the side.. hmmm

if you go with that rootbeer brown color, look into a tan vinyl top. my uncles 73 charger is that exact com bo and looks awesome

Thanks. I'm not actually sure on the color, it's about 85% original paint (two spots were touched up).

Well, I just pulled the fender tag info and it came back with GF3 and GF7 which are Medium and Dark Metallic Green. Hmm...I might have copied down a number wrong. There are some bigger, better pics in my original welcome post if you want to look...http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=86777

I apologize, I'm not trying to hijack this thread.

Yep that's It. You have the same color combo that my Swinger and thousands more had in 71. I'm beginning to become a fan of GF3 although If I was to repaint that color I'd do a black top and interior. I looked into the color info for Darts in 71 And Gf3 Was the top selling color.

well the reason i have gone away from the vinyl top is because it was rusting around the chrome edges so ive done all the body work and have cut the tabs where the chrome goes for the roof and filled in the spacing where the roof ties into the top..

-
Back