Colour decision time

-
Reaction score
Fresh build, 72 with Dover white exterior and basic green trim according to the tag. Open to picking a colour that would go with the green interior. Would like to change the white to another colour staying in line with the colour options for 1972. Thoughts, comments or pictures of your car always appreciated!
6BF70483-E451-49E4-B2A1-438A5E4DFE95_1_201_a.jpeg
C3372D4C-8DAD-4D54-A1AA-5558735E26E7_1_201_a.jpeg
2B418E98-D4AA-45FC-8B45-5503251F0996_1_201_a.jpeg

Welcome from another Lower Mainlander!

Lots of colour suggestions provided so far. What’s the story on your Duster? Had it for long? Always a BC car?

Do you think possible purchasers would care a lot if it was painted the original factory color or not? If that is a concern: on cars I've restored where I didn't like the factory color, but was loathe to change it, I added some metallic to the factory color in order to make it tolerable to me, while not turning off the purists too much.

How about a high metallic silver? Mercedes code 775? Saw a car on Iron Resurrection painted this color with a red interior .Looked fantastic. I bet that Green would look good as well. Check the aluminum trim up next to the green interior to get an idea of how it would look.

I guess red and blue are out.
Anything but red.
If you don't like green stay with white.
White is good for lots of reasons.
Brown?
Yellow?

Sassy Grass? never liked the color, but it's a choice.

Careful with "HIP" green colors.

Most DO NOT go well with an F6 interior.

Google and you will find some.

They sold gold and yellow cars with green interiors, but I don't care for that either.

I vote white.

1- it's the original color
2- it's a neutral color (if resale is important)
3- it goes with the interior
4- it mitigates the green (assuming you don't like it)
5- it's easier to change the "personality" of the car by changing the interior color than changing the paint and the interior.

I further mitigated my F6 interior (in a white car) by installing white seat covers and upper door panels.
It's not factory, but it looks like it could have been.
If I want, I can now go either all white or black and white.

I agree either white or F3/4/7/8 are really the only choices.

There is a kia soul (Seoul?) green that I think would look good with an F6 interior. It's got a little more "pop" than the OEM greens, but similar to the Duster above (which, BTW is beautiful).

Last edited:
Convert the interior to black and paint it Top Banana yellow. That’s the ticket right there. And yes, I know it’s Lemon Twist for the Plymouth, but I like typing Top Banana more. Plus it’s more fun to say.

Sublime/Sassy Grass with a black stripe. Or your original white w/black stripe

I've always wondered if silver and green would work.

You see silver and red a lot.

...and silver and black or black and white.

Occasionally you see silver and blue and there's a certain ooh, aah factor to that.

Again, google some HIP green with F6 green int before you seriously consider that.

-
Back