Column shifter to floor shifter

-
im going to follow along, im planning the same thing soon... Rich

Did you plan on using a factory or after market shifter? If factory, your transmission needs to have the pivot mounting tab on the tail housing. 65'

After market shifters come with mounting bracket, cable, and installation instructions. There pretty straightforward to install! Just get one for your transmission and have at it. The hardest part is mounting the shifter to the floor pan. You may also want to drop the transmission cross member so you have room to install the shift bracket and cable to the transmission shift lever. 65'

After market shifters come with mounting bracket, cable, and installation instructions. There pretty straightforward to install! Just get one for your transmission and have at it. The hardest part is mounting the shifter to the floor pan. You may also want to drop the transmission cross member so you have room to install the shift bracket and cable to the transmission shift lever. 65'
Ok, would I be able to use the bench bucket seats that came with the car?

Depends on what shifter you buy and how you mount it. Most floor shift factory cars had buckets. 65'

I think the shifter position is driven only by the length of the cable & the cable routing. I had a hard time keeping mine away from other stuff.

I think you could keep your seats. Buy a shifter with a small housing/surround. 65'

-
Back