Status
Not open for further replies.

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
Contact seller
ok, i bought this to use in a project, but am going to twist up my plans.

this is a drop in ready to go 69 340 and FULL four speed setup, minus the hump.

the engine is complete from the intake to oilpan. i have a 750 carb, but needs to be rebuilt.
it has a holley strip dominator intake, m.p 1.5 roller rockers, new timing chain,bearings,rings,oilpump, . heads have been redone with 202 valves(j-heads). it is standard bore block. i do not know exact size, but am told it is 3 steps over stock, and is a solid lift. rods and mains are also standard bore.

the trans is in perfect working condition. comes with, everything minus the hump. i have the tab that mounts to frame for z-bar, z-bar, linkages, shifter, pedals, nuts,bolts,washers.

again, this setup is bolt in, and run.

located 30 minutes from martinsville international speedway in va

4,000.00. cannot duplicate for this cost. it may be steep to some, so if you have no intrest, please move on.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 974
  • 007.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,009
  • 003.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 978
  • 004.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,007
What is the casting date on the block and what is the stamping on the vin pad
Thanks

the guy i bought this setup from took it out of his # matching 340 4 speed 69 dart gts. he is older and went to a auto setup with his stroker. not exact at moment, but has a mid 69 date

Wish I could sell my Dana 60. I sure would like to try and talk you out of that 4 speed.

sorry, i will not split this one up, but i do have another full 4 speed setup witout a clutch.

i would take a good 727 and some cash for the whole shabang. i had it gone through at trans shop. i just have not picked it up, as i reall do not need it, at the moment;)

In case I do get some money together soon ( I have a lot of racing parts to sell ) how much would you have to have for it, cash money.

got any pics of the 4 speed?flywheel-bell-shifter?

listen. if i sell this whole setup, i will have to take the 340 i got in the shed and have it refitted with new stuff. it is a standard bore... just to build it to this one, i know it will eat up what i get for this. i would just stroke the other one.

i cannot budge off of 3,800.00

this engine is completly rebuilt, m.p roller setup, solid cam, arp throughout, deep oilpan and pickup. heads are redone.

i know it will cost me about 1500.00 to just freshen up the other 340 i have, then to buy all the same parts that are on this one........... it goes fast. i am sure you know

i plan to put it in the 72 twister in the spring if it does not sell

What about a needed rebuilt 360 and a rebuilt 727 trade? :D

Only had money to get the 727 done, was hoping to save to get the 360 rebuilt this winter. guess what happened...

nah, i do not want to start a 340vs 360, but i just grew up to loving the 340. just my preference sorry

I was referring to the other 4 speed you had rebuilt. Guess I should have been more clear.

Your price seems very fair. I just got quoted $4800 for my 340. Good luck with the sale.

engine/trans is no longer for sale. it found a new home in my twister.lol

as to the other 4 speed setup, i have a intrested person that has wanted it with a duster i have for sale, but it is still up in the air, so i will keep you posted

Attachments

• petty blue duster 004.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 232
whats with the black paint in that engine bay noooooooo! it needs to be blueeeeeeeee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back