Complete Manifold-Back Exhaust: Accurate vs TTi

-

Dodge72

Odd one out
Reaction score
After fighting with a universal kit and trying to make other things work, I'm throwing in the towel. I want my car driving and I don't want to mess with exhaust again. Main goal? To have it fit well the first time with no cutting or modifications. I'd rather not spend the summer on the ground on my back lol.

1972 Dodge Dart. 360 mild small block with 68-70 HP 340 Manifolds. 904 trans and 8 1/4 rear. Stock spring location. An enjoyable cruiser, not looking for every inch of HP and torque.

I'm debating in between Accurate's system and TTI's full exhaust setup. I've not heard one bad thing about Accurate and their product. I've also heard very good things about TTI products (mostly headers) as well. From what I can see, these are the main differences:

Accurate: 2.25" Compression bent exhaust in 14 ga. aluminized steel.
TTI: 2.50" Mandrel bent in 16 ga. aluminized steel.

Accurate: Comes with their repro stainless steel mufflers. Stock sound.
TTI: Comes with Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers. Not stock lol.

Accurate: Straight dual exhaust.
TTI: H-Pipe option.

Both: Turn-down tailpipes. All hardware is included.

Accurate: $967 + shipping
TTI: $710 + shipping

The thing is want most is for the system to fit perfect with none to very minor trimming. Possibly splitting hairs between two good companies but I just have not heard much on TTI's full manifold exhaust kits, so any experiences are helpful. Thank you for reading this wordy post!

I have used both for the more stick resto look Accurate is the way to go, for the more performance side I would use tti just my .02

I’ve got Full TTI on both of my cars so that would be my recommendation. Originally had the same manifolds you have on one of my cars and headers on the other. Both systems fit with minimum tweaks. I would imagine there is also the option of an “X” pipe with TTI along with the mentioned “H”.

To be fair I Have not used Accurate’s system so I can’t comment but have also heard good things about them.

I've used a full TTI 3 inch X pipe system on a '70 Dart 360/727 with an 8.75 rear end, stock leaf springs, with TTI headers. Install was very simple and straightforward, fit was very good, and the Dynomax mufflers were quiet under normal cruising, with a welcome rumble under hard acceleration. I have no personal experience with Accurate products, but have heard good feedback about them, in fact I'm considering using their tailpipes on my '75 Dart Sport when the time comes.

i have used Accurate and was impressed.Most say TTI fit good.If you want it to look original i would go Accurate.

Accurate was using the factory muffler hanger locations. TTI uses seat or safety belt bolt for the muffler hangers - I forget which.
At the tail, TTI uses a factory hanger, and Accurate wasn't always.
Accurate's headpipe flange and gasket fits and seals well.
On my '67 Accurate's d/s headpipe hung a little low. That could be car to car variations.
I tried Accurate's X pipe and was not happy.
With exhaust coming out of the manifolds, increasing the diameter, especially bumping for the X pipe, kills velocity.
They have improved their mufflers since I bought. I did flow test the old ones. Good for 2.25" mufflers. Not as high flowing as 2.5" SuperTurbos.

If you want a real good replica of the original system, try Don's Custom Exhaust in Ohio.

I bought TTi stainless steel complete system in 3”, a very easy install. If you are planning on keeping your car, buy stainless steel.

Knowing your engine is not stock, if it was me, I wouldn't even be looking at Accurate.

I used the Accurate on my 383 and like mentioned previously, to me the right side down pipe seems pretty low. The left side looks great. It all fit nicely but the right down pipe seems odd and was hard to get the correct angle backwards to the muffler.

Last edited:
accurate if you want original.. TTI for everything else..

have a 2.5" tti with X- pipe system that goes to stock 340 manifolds on our 70 dart. the fit in unreal.. barley see it under there. very impressed. all mandrel bent too which is sweet...

you can buy a tti system without mufflers and suppy your own.

also with tti if going turn downs on a 72 dart you'll have to shorten the tail pipes some or they stick out way too far and look stupid. they are really made to turn down at the bumper of a 67-69 dart and stick out way too car on a 70-73 dart. not hard to do though. did it on our 70 dart.

imagine saving money and going TTI. never thought i'd hear that anywhere..lol

Last edited:
Check out Waldron Exhaust. Small shop, but good quality & way cheaper than Accurate.

Thank you for all responses. I knew TTI made good stuff, I just wanted to make sure they didn't have a weak spot with awkward fitting downpipes from the manifolds. I will more than likely like to upgrade this 360 one day so the extra potential in a mandrel bent 2.50" exhaust would be great.

I may opt for different mufflers than their supplied Dynomax, not a fan of how they sound. That'll be on me to find similar sized ones for a replacement (if anybody has ideas?).

Thank you for all responses. I knew TTI made good stuff, I just wanted to make sure they didn't have a weak spot with awkward fitting downpipes from the manifolds. I will more than likely like to upgrade this 360 one day so the extra potential in a mandrel bent 2.50" exhaust would be great.

I may opt for different mufflers than their supplied Dynomax, not a fan of how they sound. That'll be on me to find similar sized ones for a replacement (if anybody has ideas?).

Make sure you tell them exactly WHICH manifolds you have, too.

I have full TTI exhaust on both of my darts. One is H pipe, one X pipe. Both are connected to stock manifolds. When you order you will need to provide your manifold casting numbers.
Everything fits awesome but you will need to do a little work if your putting exhaust tips on. Only other thing worth noting is the shift linkage will hit so it needs some modding. Flipping the linkage over works in most cases. Also, if your running original style kickdown you need to modify the Linkage where it connects to the bell housing. Its very easy to do and they provide instructions. The KD mod may only apply to the 3 pc kickdown, I cant remember.

The 2 1/4 Accurate exhaust is not stock and breathes better than stock. The originals had tiny tailpipes (the inlet on the stock exhaust tips was only 1 5/8 inches!). The Accurate system fits right the first time with no beating and banging. I would use something besides Accurate's mufflers (I've got Dynaflow turbos on one car and Flowmasters on the other), but be sure to get their excellent hangers for the Muffler/tailpipe. I find the 2 1/4 pipes to be fine for my 340 and it's way past stock. Accurate makes nice stainless steel tips in the same size as the tailpipes that you order. They are not the right shape for the Swinger 340 (they are like ones for a late 60s Cuda - but you are way past stock appearance anyway!), but they look good and hang like the originals (I have a pair on my 318 Swinger).

Did you get a ministarter when you put your engine in? Still can't wait to get some twin scoops on that car!

FWIW, I have mini starters on both of my cars. I dont see where a factory starter would have interfered with the exhaust though.

I've used TTI down pipes on 2 different cars. Zero complaints.

consider e bay item 143201495960. i used this on my '69 with their stock mufflers and
you would think it was 1969

Used the TTI down pipes and needed just a slight clearance for the idler arm and pitman arm. No complaints here. Others have had good luck with the Jegs or Summit 2.5 inch generic A body kit back from there.

tx Joe..for those interested they routinely come on sale for about $100 off.The stock mufflers sound just like they did in '69 and i'm guessing the guys that lived through that era will love the sound.The younger guys would probably prefer their performance muffler.

I have Accurate system on my B-body. H-pipe system fits like a glove. Been on for many years and no complaints. Did use the Hemi mufflers, love the deep original sound.

Thank you for all the responses. I had just sent my payment for TTI's full kit this morning so it will be on its way in a few days. I figured since this car isn't stock anymore and it'll eventually get more power, this will be a great kit to have (and surprisingly, to save a few bucks). I really appreciate the heads up on what to expect with my kickdown linkage and trimming a bit for the turndowns. Can't wait to see it all done!

Thank you for all the responses. I had just sent my payment for TTI's full kit this morning so it will be on its way in a few days. I figured since this car isn't stock anymore and it'll eventually get more power, this will be a great kit to have (and surprisingly, to save a few bucks). I really appreciate the heads up on what to expect with my kickdown linkage and trimming a bit for the turndowns. Can't wait to see it all done!
Please share the kickdown mods and install. I hope to be where you are in a couple months and have been watching your post!

Please share the kickdown mods and install. I hope to be where you are in a couple months and have been watching your post!

Awesome! I'll be sure to post a new topic when I get the kit in and install. Hopefully I remember to take pictures before I want to start it up lol.

-
Back