Concerning the slant-6 e-bodys

-

/sixchall

Reaction score
hey there Mopar affecianados, I just recently signed up with FABO to gain some slant-6 knowledge from the in the know slanters on the site. I'm trying to touch down with someone who happens to own a 70-74 Dodge or Plymouth Challenger or Barracuda w/ the leaning tower of power. I own a 1970 Dodge Challenger w/ the 225 slant-6, auto. On the floor, and 8-3/4 w/ 3:23. Hope I can hook-up w/ a fellow 6-cylinder e body owner.

Nice, welcome aboard! You may want to check out slantsix.org as well. Those leaning tower of power E-body's are rare birds in their own right, pretty neat to own one!

Thanks dusterdan, I'll give it a shot. They certainly are oddballs w/ the lean over in it. In the meantime I'll stay tuned here just in case someone will pop up with a response. Hope I can post up some pics for you.

I use to also have a 70 Challenger with a 225/904(column shift)/8.75. White/white. If I had it these days, I would leave or all original and drive it everywhere. What a good car it was. Hoping to see pics of yours.

Wow, A E-body that still has a slant.This is a first time I would use the word RARE !! Haven't seen one in a looong time. In 1970 a girl down the street bought a purple barracuda with a slant. Sign up for the E Bodies Only.com

Anybody around Ohio has probably seen the unrestored black 70 Barracuda CONVERTIBLE.

225 with a 3 speed stick on the floor!

Man, talk about a car with a Hemi target on it.

Many thanks to all of you who have responded to my thread. I am fairly new to things like I-pads and I-phones and such so please bear with me, I will get my pics up soon for you. I'll touch on some points pertaining to my Dodge. When I returned from overseas I needed a d/d, so the local Dodge dealership got this car in as a trade-in w/ 40k on clock, this was 1973. $1,100. Later it's mine. 43 years later and w/ 562k miles behind it, it's still mine. She is painted EK2 go-mango orange w/ SE trim ( no vinyl top ), a black SE interior. 225 in super six trim, hooker headers ( 3 into 1 ), real dual alum. exhaust, h-pipe, 2 glasspacks, chrome tips. Auto. on floor ( 904), 8-3/4 (3:23, 742 drop-out). She's off the road at this moment for necessary mechanicals. Things just wear out.

Sorry, here's a bit more. To KosmicKuda: hemi target, I won't know that, I'll be 6 feet under. This Dodge is really a sweet ride. 6 years ago I had a professional appraisal done, for Ins. reasons. I'm OK w/ 20,000. Because it's a six. Thanks again Al

Pics on FABO welcome wagon, under "Hi all from SOCal." 3 pics ( 2 from the front, 1 of the engine). Let me know what you think.

Sorry, here's a bit more. To KosmicKuda: hemi target, I won't know that, I'll be 6 feet under. This Dodge is really a sweet ride. 6 years ago I had a professional appraisal done, for Ins. reasons. I'm OK w/ 20,000. Because it's a six. Thanks again Al

I'm not saying it should get a Hemi, just that it has NOT as of yet. Actually, I respect the owner for keeping it in its unrestored condition.

There are Hemi or BB E body clones at every big Mopar show I go to. This one dares to be different.

Last edited:
KosmicKuda, nothing wrong taken here. I'm proud of the condition this slanted E-body is still in. At the larger Mopar meets like the Spring Fling in Van Nuys, Ca. Usually out of a field of 750 various Mopars, there's only maybe 1or2 slant-6 E-body's.If I don't take the car sometimes none. Your right Kosmic, dares to be different.

I used to own one, but never drove it. My dad bought it as a parts car for $100. about 30 years ago and it sat in his backyard the whole time. If I recall when we picked it up it had a rod knock. It was a 73 with slapstick and bucket seats. Blue interior, blue body, 8 3/4 rear end. I mostly used it to pull small nuts and bolts off of for my 73 340 Challenger and my Darts.
About 8 years ago we literally gave it away. My parents lost their home and had to move out and I had no room at my place for it. I still had my 73 Challenger, 7o Challenger, and two 67 darts as well as all his old derelict chevies. Absolutely no place to put it. Then I discovered what our cars go for now a days and realized I gave away quite a bit of hardware. If I had it now I would leave it as a 225 but maybe with a turbo or eaton supercharger to help it keep up with traffic.
Mike

-
Back