conical washers??

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
missing some, can ya get these brass and cast iron conical washers at Fastenal? not even thinkin of giving $50 for full set on Ebay. i got all the triangular ones. thanks

I wouldn't pay $50 for a set since you can get a whole slant engine almost free. A co-worker had a slant in his truck in the early 1990's and had to buy a new set from the dealer because his manual said to always use new washers when installing the manifolds. Never heard that since, and I told him I never did and couldn't think of any reason that is necessary, but it suggests that dealers would have stocked the washers, so perhaps some still have them. Your local dealer can search the country for stock. Be sure to review the article on how to install them on slantsix.org, since it isn't intuitive.

thanks for those pointers. i have a mopar parts hawkin friend i will pick up a complete motor from later ( worth scrape price to him!), he's 150 mi away. amazin the prices people want on ebay for /6 stuff!????? no wonder a friend calls it " stupid bay"!??? LOL

You can also make conical washers. Get a thick machine bushing from Ace hardware or Tractor Supply with the right ID hole. Put a bolt through it and tighten a nut down on top of it, and chuck it into a Drill press. With a file, dress the OD to the right diameter, and put the slope on the cone.

Hey guy, if these are the half washer that holds on the exhaust manifold .I have quite a few of these laying around, Pm me and I will send you them for postage.

Bob

-
Back