Convertible 68 Barracuda Header Seal

-

Rick C

Reaction score
Hello out there. I would like to know if someone would post a photo on where the header seal that comes in the Soft Seal kit CH1024 or MD2116 attaches to the windshield header? I am putting together a car that was stripped and have no guide to go by. Thanks to all for your help.

Post some photos of where you are now.

A year ago I had a crash course in 67 dart top replacement.

I have lots of photos so once I know what you are looking for i can post some

This is the header and seal. Am I putting a square peg into a round hole?
DSCF0993.JPG
DSCF0992.JPG

As you can see in Dana’s post, the header seal goes in the channel that mounts to the underside of the top

20191202_182605.jpg

The black piece at the bottom sandwiches the small seal to the top header bow and has a channel for the large seal.

Thanks to everyone for the help. I don't have the retainer for the header seal. It is missing from my car. If anyone knows where I may find one I would appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone for the help. I don't have the retainer for the header seal. It is missing from my car. If anyone knows where I may find one I would appreciate it.

Don't forget to post in the WANTED section.

. If anyone knows where I may find one I would appreciate it.
Someone recently was parting a barracuda convert.

When it comes to 67 -69 convertibles, there aren't too many around. About 3800 darts built per each year, probably about the same barracudas

~ 1200 dart convertibles built. (67-69)
Maybe 1/2 not crushed
Of those not crushed maybe 2/3 still on the road,

That leaves 1/3 of 1/2 of 1200 cars available to get parts off of.
That comes down to about 200 cars being parted out, of that how many still have the part you are looking for?

Not trying to discourage you just want to set your expectations.

A sheet metal guy could make you one if push comes to shove.

Anyone have a picture of the retainer. I parted a 67 Barracuda convertible last year so I may have it.

Hello there. I think that if you check the first few replys of this thread you will find photos of the retainer that I am looking for. Thanks.

-
Back