Converting from 2 barrel to 4 barrel process

-

Coryduran

Reaction score
So, I'm collecting stuff to do a 4 barrel conversion for my 65 dart with a lo power 273. So I have a D4B intake manifold, hope to pick up a carburetor in the next week or two, so my question is what else do I need?

Someone before mentioned something about the kickdown linkage? What do I need to do with that, if anything?

Does anyone have any links to a guide or step by step kinda process on doing this conversion?

Yes, you'll need kickdown linkage. Probably any 4 barrel-style small block stuff can be made to work. Also, you may need a longer throttle cable. The 4 bbl throttle bracket ,and the 4bbl carb primary linkage ,positions the cable anchor point farther apart.

You'll need an intake gasket set, possibly valve cover gaskets too...some RTV sealant for the intake water jackets.

Don't know of a "4-bbl 101" link.

I fixed my kick down yesterday. I had my father weld a Long nut of the same thread to the end of the adjuster. At full throttle you want the linkage to be as far back as it can go.

my throttle i just sort of moved it up in the mount but, you might want/need to move the mounting pad up.

The rest is just little odds and ends pretty much.

I would get a 4 barrel air cleaner too that fits the carb you choose properly too.

-
Back