Cool new project, not an A body

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
Brought home a new project. I wasn't looking for another, however this one kind of fell in my lap. I left my phone number last year after stumbling on it, well, they called me last week asking if I'd like to buy it.

A one owner, all original, unrestored survivor with bill of sale from new, sold at National Motors in Victoria, BC.

'73 Satellite Sebring Plus, 400, buckets/console with slap stick, 9 1/4 rear, front disc, sway bar, rally dash with 150 mph speedo, 26" rad, lighting package, fender mounted turn signals, dual exhaust. The only things ever added in was an 8 track player, a tach, speakers on the package tray, and the 3rd brake light. Every little thing works including door buzzer, glove box light, radio, washer bottle pump, everything. Put some gas in the carb when I got it home and it fired right up, even after sitting about 15 years.

The plan is to go through the mechanical, make it safe, leave the rest alone as a survivor, and just enjoy it.

IMG_5814.JPG

IMG_5812.JPG

IMG_5815.JPG

IMG_5817.JPG

IMG_5818.JPG

IMG_5819.JPG

IMG_5820.JPG

IMG_5821.JPG

IMG_5822.JPG

IMG_5823.JPG

I also washed it today, cleaned up pretty good. The vinyl roof cleaned up nicely!! Too bad it's peeling by the back window.

Also, drove it into the back. The car is in great shape, however it needs some love. Took 7 times starting it (screwdriver across the relay as it's dead), with a jerry can under the hood hooked to the fuel pump. Seems to idle alright, though it's got no coolant - as I found out the pass side freeze plugs are rotten. Also the pass side exhaust manifold gaskets are GONE, it sounds like an old tractor, and was shooting flames out the collector. LOL. But still, sitting all those years, it fired right up and I drove it into the back.

IMG_5832.JPG

IMG_5833.JPG

IMG_5834.JPG

IMG_5835.JPG

IMG_5836.JPG

Very nice Mike. Those cars are under appreciated but I really like them. That one is excellent with all the features it has. Enjoy.

Glad to hear you are still saving them, Mike.
A couple of weekends of work and a few bucks for parts, and it will be a driver again.
I would replace all of the core plugs at once if it were me.
It's kind of a pain in the *** to remove the tranny to do the back one, but it will give you peace of mind.

My first B-Body was a '73 Road Runner with a 400 4 speed, so I still have a soft spot in my heart for these cars........

Glad to hear you are still saving them, Mike.
A couple of weekends of work and a few bucks for parts, and it will be a driver again.
I would replace all of the core plugs at once if it were me.
It's kind of a pain in the *** to remove the tranny to do the back one, but it will give you peace of mind.

My first B-Body was a '73 Road Runner with a 400 4 speed, so I still have a soft spot in my heart for these cars........
I've got a few here.. How's your field of dreams doing? Still have most of the stuff?

I've got a few here.. How's your field of dreams doing? Still have most of the stuff?
Cool.
Yeah Mike, I still have most of the stuff.
I have cleared out maybe 10 to 15 percent more since you were there last.
Slowly but surely.........

Tom.

I also washed it today, cleaned up pretty good. The vinyl roof cleaned up nicely!! Too bad it's peeling by the back window.

Also, drove it into the back. The car is in great shape, however it needs some love. Took 7 times starting it (screwdriver across the relay as it's dead), with a jerry can under the hood hooked to the fuel pump. Seems to idle alright, though it's got no coolant - as I found out the pass side freeze plugs are rotten. Also the pass side exhaust manifold gaskets are GONE, it sounds like an old tractor, and was shooting flames out the collector. LOL. But still, sitting all those years, it fired right up and I drove it into the back.

View attachment 1715735238

View attachment 1715735239

View attachment 1715735240

View attachment 1715735241

View attachment 1715735242

Great pickup and it really cleaned up nice..Unless you never wear a black shirt, I'd ditch those Furr Burger seat covers...Lol!

Very nice car! And its now in the good hands of the next caretaker.

Like the racing stripe floor mats. The rest of the car is pretty nice too. I had a 70 Sport Satellite. Liked those top of the line Satellites.

Nice find! With the mild weather on the Island and all the old people getting too old to drive, there are likely going to more of those finds there for years to come compared to other places in the country.

Crushed??? Or sold?
I stripped and crushed 4 after chicken boning them, and sold 6.
I also traded a '69 Barracuda Formula S 340 car that was really bad for a '68 Coronet 500 2 door that is pretty stripped but almost rust free straight across.
I definitely got the best end of the deal with that one because I have most of the parts to put it together, and had virtually nothing for the Barracuda.

-
Back