Coolant flow to heater core?

-

512Stroker

We are all here because we are not all there.
Reaction score
1967 Barracuda small block with factory A/C
On a factory stock cooling system which heater hose is the supply line to the heater core?

Run this one thru the search feature. Just looked it up on Saturday.
there is a nice picture on one of the first posts.
Not being a smart Azz either. I cannot duplicate the post. Arrows and everything.

so i just realized you might be asking off the engine side.
here's a shot from the 68' manual (which strangely doesn't list barracuda for this :wtf:)
anyway we all know a barracuda is just a sad looking valiant anyway...:rolleyes:

Untitled.png

This is from 67 dart Coronet charger FSM
15934525601828939776976195050911.jpg

Outlet of heater core is on driver's side (Left hand drive car)

Outlet goes to water pump.

Here is a Dart specific image.
Same driver's side outlet and water pump connection, just hose routing is a bit different.

15934527310441577651008107273045.jpg

If I'm not mistaken the 67 Plymouth Suppliment is the barracuda FSM

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Service Manuals

To simplify, normally the intake manifold or the head feed the heater core. Return is normally to the water pump.

1967 Barracuda small block with factory A/C
On a factory stock cooling system which heater hose is the supply line to the heater core?
Thanks to all who replied.
I am installing a four seasons valve and wanted it in the inlet side of the heater core.
Thanks again

I am installing a four seasons valve
is that just a water shut off valve?

if it is now you will have coolant just sitting in the heater core, might it hurt longevity of the core? I know a lot of cars have them, just raising the question.

is that just a water shut off valve?

if it is now you will have coolant just sitting in the heater core, might it hurt longevity of the core? I know a lot of cars have them, just raising the question.
Yes it is just a shut of valve
I installed a 5/8 ball valve in heater core supply hose. Made a bid difference, my feet no longer get hot.
Well my heater core I believe is original to the car, 67 Barracuda, nothing has killed it yet. The 50/50 coolant that is in there is new should not hurt it.
Probably a good idea to open the valve periodically.

-
Back