Cooler twin plug setup for early Hemi??

-

Wheelsntires

92 Stealth RT/TT 99 Ram Sport 69 Dart Custom V1H
Reaction score
So, just found a core 3G Hemi too cheap to pass up. But only snag is its a twin plug. I intend on going carbureted for my 69 Dart. So those crossfire wires gotta go!! I want as clean of a look as possible. So is there a coil setup available that will fire both on one cyl, or(??) Do people just get single plug covers and ignore one plug?? My boys 5.7 is a single plug, so hadnt put any thought into this issue, and a generic net search isnt helping, so of course Im here where the real knowledge is!!! Whats everyone doing with their hideous wasted spark systems????

Ok...so moments later, with kids assistance and better keywords, theres my answer!!! So ill adjust the question: Anyone have preferences about which coil brand to use?? Any good/bad experiences with MSD, Accel, etc?? Itll be another month before i go through the engine so im not rushed, but always love to hear some real opinions when its somthing I havent done before!!!

All gen 3 hemis have dual plug heads. 03 to 05 utilized the waste spark system. By 06, they realized firing both plugs at the same time achieved the same thing. If you don't want any if wires, find 06 to 08 valve covers and coil packs.

Nothing wrong with any manufacture, that I know of. I've run MSD and factory coils with success.

I run factory coil up to 7000 no issues at all good clean burn. I swapped over to the 06 and up valve covers and coil packs, I run a Mega squirt gold box as well

are you looking for an old school look? or just to remove one spark plug per cylinder cuz it looks retarded? dual plugs is more efficient and requires less timing. i run dual plug wires and remote mounted new style coils. i am considering removing half the plugsand running more timing to compensate for it. will be cheaper if anything but power gain or loss isnt there.

20210413_181122.jpg

I am going for and old school look, actually considering going dual-quad and 60s Oval Hemi Air cleaner... I know theres only so much you can do with the coils LOL, and don't mind the twin plugs... Will have to decide if Ill go with aftermarket, or just get the later OEM covers n coils..
Thanks so much guys for the info. This new Hemi is pretty new to me so Im still learning details!!! Sure is different from the 440 powered 68 I did last!!

Last edited:
-
Back