Correct Seat Belt Routing 1972 Duster

-

Wvbuzzmaster

Reaction score
I just searched 12 pages trying to find this answer. My 1972 Duster has a split bench seat with fold down center arm rest. I was testing the seat belt fitment to me and when I was buckled in I was about 4” offset of the center of the steering wheel closer to the door. My OCD of wanting to be centered with the steering wheel kicked in and I began investigating why the middle seat belts came thru about 4” away from the armrest. Flipping the seat back forward I noticed the slot in the seat that the belt goes thru is 4” away from the armrest, and then the seat belt bolts to the center hump of the floor. The seat belt looks to be in quite an odd angle leaving the bolt hole to go thru the slot, and if it wasn’t thru the slot I would be centered up with the steering wheel. Additionally the seat belt seems to be bolted together with once it exits the slot and tucks under the seat gap. What the heck is with that? No way this can be right? What am I looking at here? Wrong seat for the car, wrong belt for the car, wrong belt for the seat version in the car? I’m not sure this seat is original to the car, but seems to be correct for a Duster, but why is the seat belt coming thru so far from the armrest, not like a third person is ever riding there... am I missing some detail?

-
Back