Covid 19 stats website.

-
Exactly. I got a friend with a spare bedroom in a county with no cases and little population. On 10 acres. He has a huge pantry I could stock and a private well.
I guess I'll find out how tough I really am. 61, chronic disease, and type A blood. I am still a lad - in my mind.

If I moved out temporarily, I'd regret it for the rest of life, so why bother.

I can understand not wanting to leave your wife. A women at my church has a relative where both they and their wife have it. I’m sure she knows how to be safe but good luck.

I have a fully furnished condo in Las Vegas I run away to all the time. I would be safe there. My ER nurse wife has two months left on this contract. I'm 64. If all goes well we will have time to take a serious break. A-.
Please thank your wife from the Ryan family in Albuquerque and all the best to you.

I have a fully furnished condo in Las Vegas I run away to all the time. I would be safe there. My ER nurse wife has two months left on this contract. I'm 64. If all goes well we will have time to take a serious break. A-.
That an interesting call.... going to a large tourist destination city looks like going to a worse situation. More crowded it would seem? Of course, there is a lot of traffic in and out of your area too.

I read a study last night from around 13 year back, from the Federal Reserve in St Louis, examining the Spanish Flu impacts. One thing it brought out was that the mortality rates were lower in that area in the rural areas outside of the major cities. Here you are, on pages 17-18:
https://www.stlouisfed.org/~/media/...ment/research-reports/pandemic_flu_report.pdf

That an interesting call.... going to a large tourist destination city looks like going to a worse situation. More crowded it would seem? Of course, there is a lot of traffic in and out of your area too.

I read a study last night from around 13 year back, from the Federal Reserve in St Louis, examining the Spanish Flu impacts. One thing it brought out was that the mortality rates were lower in that area in the rural areas outside of the major cities. Here you are, on pages 17-18:
https://www.stlouisfed.org/~/media/...ment/research-reports/pandemic_flu_report.pdf
True, but I could hole up there forever, almost not have to go out. Have you seen pics of the strip? One pic I saw...not a single car.

29K new today in the US alone :eek:
Yes, but still better than the 34k cases we had 2 days ago. NY daily cases have been dropping over the last few days too.

Too early to tell, but fingers crossed that we are getting ahead of this thing.

Ironic that the aged/senior are much more respected/revered in Asian culture.
In North America, they are shipped to a "home" for the most part.
My 97 yr old Gramma is "safe n sound" in her nursing home, for now anyways.
Generally, the old are viewed as a burden on society and resources. They usually get to finish up life in a strange place among strangers without much freedom.

Good to hear.

3 facilities infected here, 1 massively with multiple deaths. I wrote the governor before any of this, explaining the holes in the system, but that fell upon deaf ears. Of course, now that many have died and more on the way to the promised land, she is doing something.

Anyway, my wife says it's the Health Care sections that are the most at risk. She works in Assisted Living. Not much consolation.

I can already guess where "we" are headed. The "curve" will start to fall, and people will get sloppy--even more sloppy than now---and the thing will cycle all over again

I just heard today under "what we don't know" that you may NOT be immune after you "have" this, some folks who got it "likely" are not showing immunity traits and could be vunerable AGAIN

Yeah 20 deaths at a nearby nursing home here close to us. Very sad.
3 coworkers wives are nurses, 1 works at nursing home with the 20 deaths. Other 2 work at local hospital.
The PPE shortage is ridiculous....and front line workers should not be doing without!
I heard that a LOT of the PPE Canada just received was defective and thrown out.
Sincere thanks to your wife from us.
Be safe n healthy.
Good to hear.

3 facilities infected here, 1 massively with multiple deaths. I wrote the governor before any of this, explaining the holes in the system, but that fell upon deaf ears. Of course, now that many have died and more on the way to the promised land, she is doing something.

Anyway, my wife says it's the Health Care sections that are the most at risk. She works in Assisted Living. Not much consolation.

I agree with Del, any sign of the curve flattening even the slightest...the dumbasses will be out in full force.
I can already guess where "we" are headed. The "curve" will start to fall, and people will get sloppy--even more sloppy than now---and the thing will cycle all over again

I just heard today under "what we don't know" that you may NOT be immune after you "have" this, some folks who got it "likely" are not showing immunity traits and could be vunerable AGAIN

I bet:
There will be several "waves" of the virus until a working vaccine is developed.
After this initial wave run it course, like just said, many more people will just get sloppy. Too many stupid people and those that do not are. Infected people shedding this virus for a long time off and on.
New drugs will be developed to combat this disease.
It will eventually be just a bad strain of the flu unless it genetically becomes something worse??
I always wanted to retire and deal with something like this!!!! Yea right! Oh well.

I have been telling my friends to beware of a second wave, and more after that really, to no avail. They are still quoting me old numbers about irrelevant things like heart attacks and flu.
One of our relatIves managed to get out of China 2 hours before total lockdown. Now in Manila. Just bought airplane tickets to the states. Wants to hang out at my safe place which needs to be disinfected since people went in without my permission already. Then come visit me in Arkansas at the end of the month. WTF Ummm...no.
Fifteen years of college and no idea of what stay home means.
We don't even have our kids or grandkids over. We don't like it, but we don't want to pass this to them. And we are old and don't need it. I always find myself in risky places(NYNY) yesterday. My wife an ER nurse. We don't need help trying to catch whatever it is. I am in no way convinced that anyone on the planet has a clue as to the reality of this virus, or exactly how it works. I do know many of the deaths are quite traumatic to the nurses who have to be there.

My wife had a terrible bug back in late November through December and many people reported the same around the world on facebook. Mystery virus: not a flu and not a cold but she cracked a rib coughing so much, had to take a cough supressant and a prescription inhaler! Never had a fever though, just a terrible cough and cold like symptoms and a random shortness of breath. Maybe we were already exposed? She pulled through fine and I feel fine but have had a slight raw throat for 10 days now, but never a cough or fever. I don't get sick often though maybe once every other year and that's usually just a 36 hour flu..and of course its usually over a weekend! Knock on wood......
They are now saying that they believe certain parts of the country may have already had it. I believe I already had it in mid February, and my coworker thinks he had it in January. Both of us tried to get our doctors to look into it and they blew it off. I never had the fever but I had the rest of the symptoms. So there is a distinct possibility that some may have built up an immunity already. A nurse that is testing people in california is finding that some being tested already have the antibodies.

I believe I already had it
In the last month or so a few of my friends have claimed this. Dating back as far as October 2019.
They claim they had terrible illness. Like wish they were dead. Nothing like it before.
I ask them how many people they infected, and mostly almost nobody. That alone is odd.
Having had that severe a case they all believe they have immunity. I tell them that they probably should not go out to test their idea, as critical cases leave your lungs fried. And they don't heal. I ask them if they can run around the block. Truthfully, if you can run down the driveway I think you would be doing good.
In the end, we will just have to wait and see.
Immunity doesn't always last forever. Of the very little the pros know, one thing they mostly agree on is that at least one mutation has occured.

I will say this. If you are at risk, like I am, I suggest you follow the precautions. This was like having pneumonia, And it literally felt like someone was pushing on my breastbone. The coughing hurt, My throat was sore, my stomach hurt, I had no energy, I had some pain around my heart during this time as well,and my doctor initially claimed it was allergies. It was not. It took me over a month to start feeling better. I actually corresponded with my doctor for days trying to get them to test me, and then they just stopped responding. They did however call in a z pack, which I think helped me just enough to help me get on top of it. I think the doctors knew what I had. Stay Safe Folks.

In the next few days, we will likely surpass Italy in total deaths.
Yes but Italy is about the size of California
The US has about 327 million people, Italy 60 Million

Italy 116,000 Square miles, 60 million people
California 163,000 Square miles, 40 Million people.

Alan

I am in no way convinced that anyone on the planet has a clue as to the reality of this virus, or exactly how it works

Exactly.
Over 14,000 died in the U.S. in the last 10 days. Yes, over 18,000 total, but 14,000 in the last 10 days! And there are still people who believe this is just a bad flu. I don’t think they can go back in history and prove that the flu is any where near as deadly. This isn’t over yet. The U.S. will pass all countries for deaths. More than China “reports” anyway. This number will be due to the brushing it off that many did early on. A lot of those folks likely have lost family now because of their “it won’t happen to me” attitude. This virus may not kill the original projected numbers due to the enforcement of isolation, but if folks were still just running around spreading it you can damn sure bet the numbers would open some eyes then.

Stay well folks. Maybe something will come along soon to help out.

Sunday I will bring some faceshields made by Ford to a couple of medical places in the sticks of Kentucky. I will wear what protection I have and hope for the best. And I'll get another dose of horror stories.

Cool.
Was watching Pawn Stars, pretty interesting. You know all this but....flamethrowers are considered farm equipment. They used a Vietnam era flamethrower, I guess they are safer? And the WW2 are $$$. Seems like you could do your own mix too, since they said napalm is gas/diesel/thickening agent. They didn't specify what that agent was.
Polystyrene l think.

You just said a mouthful for sure Steve. I worked with a Cambodian family years ago and the father (Soub) was given the utmost respect. Easiest job,a before the others, never asked to do what could be done by the family. Eye opening experience. They taught me alot....

JW

Yeah 20 deaths at a nearby nursing home here close to us. Very sad.
3 coworkers wives are nurses, 1 works at nursing home with the 20 deaths. Other 2 work at local hospital.
The PPE shortage is ridiculous....and front line workers should not be doing without!
I heard that a LOT of the PPE Canada just received was defective and thrown out.
Sincere thanks to your wife from us.
Be safe n healthy.

I agree with Del, any sign of the curve flattening even the slightest...the dumbasses will be out in full force.

Dumbasses are still out. That is part of the problem, a big part. I can only hope for the best for all of us and our families. If, IF, I’m wrong in my opinion about this virus I will be happy and I will readily admit my mistake. Unfortunately those who think it’s a farce always will, regardless of the outcome.

About the death count. I have a relative that works at a hospital in the Tampa area. She's a nurse. The ward she works in was declared the COVID ward where those suspected of the disease are sent. Well, if you have HIV/AIDS and show any symptom's of the disease and swabbed and then die, it will be marked down as a COVID death. It could be a patient has COPD or any other serious ailments, IF YOU GET SWABBED AND THEN PASS AWAY ON THAT FLOOR IT IS CLASSIFIED AS COVID. Her husband and son works at the same hospital, her son works on the same floor as she does. The three of them, along with her step-son and her son's girlfriend all live in the same house, five total. Her husband, my niece, her son were swabbed for corona, her husband and son tested positive, hers was negative. The other two were tested the next day and no news of those tests. The hospital accepted the test, the county wants to retest her and she will comply. Her doctor is currently out of the country, but is still looking after them. The hospital does not believe in the hydroxychloroquine and azithromyacin, but her doctor does. They will be treated with those drugs. But the main thing is that it could very well be that hospitals are inflating the death count. Sorry to go on like this, but wanted people to understand this isn't from some site on the web, but first hand information.

That's pretty much as it should be. That's not inflation.
Contributed to is what is being counted. We all die eventually. The stats are about the immediate contributing cause.
As far as first hand info., not really. First hand info is what a person sees and experiences themselves.
Of course putting suspected patients in with those who actually have the virus makes no sense. Most likely the details and procedure has been confused in the telling and retelling. That's normal too.

Last edited:
-
Back