Covid 19 What ligering side effects are you having.

-
Don't forget guys that pollen has been off the charts depending on where you live. I haven't had Covid that I know of but I've lost sense of smell and taste and constant stuffy head and nose because of the high pollen count and allergies the past few weeks
I considered the pollen issue. But my stopped up nose has been an issue since I tested negative in January. I sleep using a C pap machine which makes sleeping impossible. Last night i got up with a stopped up nose 5 times. Using nose spray i was only able to sleep 1-1 1/2 hrs.

Just to add a little humor.
48706AF7-37F4-4350-B6CB-AD67A65272D6.jpeg

Goddamitt.

Had moderate GI issues yesterday afternoon, then mild fatigue set in.

Went to bed at 5:00 pm and slept 12 hours.

Rotten egg belches all day today but GI and fatigue are considerably better.

Sumbitch.

Over a month since anything like that.

...and on a related note my mother's sister and her husband were both hospitalized for covid about a month ago.

They both died last week.

Just a follow up. It’s been over 7 months and still absolutely no sense of smell and still my taste buds are off. I’m thinking now I may never get my smell back.

Just a follow up. It’s been over 7 months and still absolutely no sense of smell and still my taste buds are off. I’m thinking now I may never get my smell back.
That’s really sucks. My good friend had it 13 months ago his taste started coming back at about 10 months. Some things he still can’t taste

Well since The Crud seems to be the topic of the day. I thought I would update my side effects. 9 months later, still no sense of smell and my taste is about the same level it has been. Not sure I will get either one back!

Well since The Crud seems to be the topic of the day. I thought I would update my side effects. 9 months later, still no sense of smell and my taste is about the same level it has been. Not sure I will get either one back!
Thanks for the update. I would be SOL with my whiskey tasting.

Tested positive December 15. I was sick as a dog for about 10 days. Then I felt good. But I kept testing positive 3 more times. It took till January 12th to get a negative result. Now I feel great. BUT I still have no sense of smell and about half of my taste buds. I can stick my nose in a jar of Vicks Vapor rub and nothing. So who has some lingering side effects?
Every day more loss of personal freedoms

On a somewhat positive note (I guess) I got my first cold since 2019.

I usually get at least 1 sometimes 2 per year.
Every few years, I don't get one but that is rare.
To not have one in almost three years is crazy for me.

When I was a kid in Ohio, I would sometimes get 3 or 4 per year.
That SUCKED.

This cold was very, very mild. Perhaps the mildest I've ever had.
Sunday night had scratchy throat but not like a traditional sore throat before a cold.
I thought I had inhaled fiberglass from the hot tub removal project I've been working on.
Monday had a tiny bit of sinus drip. No sneezing, no coughing, no breathing issues.
Tuesday felt better and drip stopped.
Today just throat clearing.

I had to think back as to when I last had one and it was very early 2019 or might even have been late 2018.
So almost all of 19, all of 20, and now almost all of 21.

On a somewhat positive note (I guess) I got my first cold since 2019.

I usually get at least 1 sometimes 2 per year.
Every few years, I don't get one but that is rare.
To not have one in almost three years is crazy for me.

When I was a kid in Ohio, I would sometimes get 3 or 4 per year.
That SUCKED.

This cold was very, very mild. Perhaps the mildest I've ever had.
Sunday night had scratchy throat but not like a traditional sore throat before a cold.
I thought I had inhaled fiberglass from the hot tub removal project I've been working on.
Monday had a tiny bit of sinus drip. No sneezing, no coughing, no breathing issues.
Tuesday felt better and drip stopped.
Today just throat clearing.

I had to think back as to when I last had one and it was very early 2019 or might even have been late 2018.
So almost all of 19, all of 20, and now almost all of 21.
Don’t go to the doctors, you’ll be Covid positive!

I haven't been able to smell a fart for nearly a year, can still smell food though.

I heard an interesting theory last night while chatting with someone I dont know......so take this with a grain..... We are both in medical industry and a mutual friend medic/firefighter got covid and passed from it. A very healthy individual. Her theory, (and she has had covid) is that it attaches itself to the mono virus. So Im no pro, I take x rays for cryin out loud, but I thought there might be some credence to the theory that it attaches itself to something and that is why some healthy people can get so darn sick from it and others dont.....anyway, interesting thought I found. Not trying to spread fake news here. carry on.

Never got the shots and don't plan on it and this is just my story.
Been exposed twice to the virus last time was my 2 month old grand daughter that had it along with her mom and dad and didn't know they had it for a few days after I visited them and for sure this grand pa is cuddling and kissing my grand kid. I put myself in quarantine for 14 days and nothing happened to me but the kids got sick but not to bad.
I think it affects healthy people and I'm not one, I drink and smoke so guessing the virus won't bother me.
I could be wrong and I'm sure I am but twice and still no affects, yet anyway.

Never got the shots and don't plan on it and this is just my story.
Been exposed twice to the virus last time was my 2 month old grand daughter that had it along with her mom and dad and didn't know they had it for a few days after I visited them and for sure this grand pa is cuddling and kissing my grand kid. I put myself in quarantine for 14 days and nothing happened to me but the kids got sick but not to bad.
I think it affects healthy people and I'm not one, I drink and smoke so guessing the virus won't bother me.
I could be wrong and I'm sure I am but twice and still no affects, yet anyway.

Do you know your blood type? Just curious. I am O negative.

JW

I don't know what it is but that might have something to do with it.

I have read where it's a contributor to what the Virus can do to you. I am supposed to be in the group that is less likely to catch it.... Depends on which politician you ask lol... Good to hear everyone worked through it....

JW

-
Back