CPPA 440 A-body headers? Ever heard of them?

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
I have not heard of this company before but I found some brand new headers in the trunk of the Dart I picked up. The instructions say they are for a 440 and will fit an A-body. I guess it's a pretty good score since they came with the car. The car also came with 440 conversion mounts from the same company.

Has anyone ever used these headers before onan A-body? What is the scoop on CPPA? I got a box full of old Chrysler Power magazines too. Good info. to see how things have not changed all that much in 15 years except $$$.

Thanks.
Dave

Dave, that is Roland Osbourne's mag. He used to be a Left Coaster before he moved back East many years ago. The headers you have might be his or older TTIs. I think TTI may have puchased the rights/designs to his setup. Could you take some pics of them and the instruction sheet?

BTW: That's a great find and brings back memories of hanging out with Roland and the crew.

The Chrysler Power magazines should solve the mystery about the headers. CPPA was the publisher. As far as I know, both the magazine and the headers have been discontinued for 10 years at least. They pioneered the underchassis RB engine A-Body header, and were supposedly a pretty good part.

If you don't want the magazines, send them my way. A roof leak wiped out a pretty good sized stack of my old MoPerformance and Chrysler Power mags from the 80's and 90's.

I agree with all the above, THey are pretty much the same as the 2" TTIs. PM Ron (383man) He has a set on his sons Dart.

Roland had run CPPA out of a business in my neck of the woods in Pa. He switched gears and went with a Christian Drag racing mag for a while, still involved with some parts sales with the headers, etc a few years ago. Great guy! Should be a great set of headers! NICE FIND.

This is good information. Thanks guys. My 68' Dart find just got sweeter. Thanks Adam I'll Pm Ron.

I've been reading the old Chrysler Power magazines and they are great. Will have plenty of material on the airplane tomorrow.

I'll send you some pictures if i get a chance Ben.

Dave

According to Roland, I purchased the eleventh set of 2" CPPA headers nearly twenty years ago. Still running them on my car. I had to make a new bell crank that is not the best design, but works. At the time, I was the first person he knew that was able to run a four speed with a mechanical linkage. I also had some trouble as I have fast ratio steering. I had to lift the engine slightly and dent the headers to get clearance. Spark plugs are real tight as well. I have wanted to replace them for many years as I believe CPPA later improved the design to fit a little better than the originals.
Rod

Yeah I think these are about 10 years old. Hopefully these are the improved ones. I'll run them. This is going to be my track car.

-
Back