Crane gold race rocker setup.

-

Doosterfy

Reaction score
I'm setting up the valvetrain on my 440 and I have Crane alum. rockers. I don't have any instructions or diagrams. The Crane setup uses springs on the shafts to hold the rockers against the shaft hold down clamps. There are 8 thin steel thrust washers for each shaft and what I dont know is; Do the thrust washers go in between the springs and rockers or the shaft:help: hold down clamps and rockers?

Hope this helps..

Crane aluminum rocker arms must be installed on the shafts furnished with the kit. Make sure the small oil feed holes in the new shafts face toward the cylinder heads and the valve springs so the bottom side of the rocker arm receives the oil first.
Install rocker arms in pairs as shown in Figure 1. Install the coil spring between each pair of rocker arms with a flat steel washer on both sides of each rocker arm.
There are 3 types of rocker shafts stands used with a Chrysler “B” engine, see Figure 2. The two aluminum bolt-on types require the use of spacer rings to properly center the rocker tip over the valve stem. These spacer rings are available from Crane on request.
The spacer rings are not used with cylinder heads having the rocker shaft supports cast as part of the heads. Install the rocker arms and coil springs and flat washers on the shafts and bolt the shaft down to the head using the proper clamp plates.
The flat steel washers must be used on each side of each rocker arm with either type stand.

Here's the link for the complete set of instructions: [ame]http://www.cranecams.com/uploads/instructions/209e_.pdf[/ame]

Hope this helps..

Crane aluminum rocker arms must be installed on the shafts furnished with the kit. Make sure the small oil feed holes in the new shafts face toward the cylinder heads and the valve springs so the bottom side of the rocker arm receives the oil first.
Install rocker arms in pairs as shown in Figure 1. Install the coil spring between each pair of rocker arms with a flat steel washer on both sides of each rocker arm.
There are 3 types of rocker shafts stands used with a Chrysler “B” engine, see Figure 2. The two aluminum bolt-on types require the use of spacer rings to properly center the rocker tip over the valve stem. These spacer rings are available from Crane on request.
The spacer rings are not used with cylinder heads having the rocker shaft supports cast as part of the heads. Install the rocker arms and coil springs and flat washers on the shafts and bolt the shaft down to the head using the proper clamp plates.
The flat steel washers must be used on each side of each rocker arm with either type stand.

Here's the link for the complete set of instructions: http://www.cranecams.com/uploads/instructions/209e_.pdf
Thats totally excellent. Thank you very much. This is my first Mopar build and I'm trying to be as dilligent as possible to avoid mistakes that result in a broken motor.

-
Back