Crap. Had to refuse my AMD order.

-

RSie

Idiot In Training
Reaction score
Main floor folded over, transition pan had a bent up corner. Firewall looked ok but I refused the whole order. Hope they get me replacements soon.

0507211518c.jpg

I just got some parts that were plastic wrapped and had a shipping label and when I cut off the plastic wrap was another shipping label. Hmm.

Pathetic packaging by amd and handling by the carrier.

Sellers better package their stuff so that it can be dropped off the Empire state building. My Industry (printing) requires us to package magazines and in a box that's alot of weight so we have crazy boxes and tape to go with it..... Works 98% od the time. But that's the only way to avoid pictures like what I see above....

JW

I went through 3 rear bumpers to get a good one for AMD. The first 2 were so bad it's unreal they even shipped them. The last one had a small dent in it and chrome is OK. It's a nice driver but still pisses me off when I notice it. Glad I live close to Summit Racing. Shipping is crazy money anymore!

Yes I didn't want to Marsh your mellow when you originally posted that you were getting new AMD parts a while back. Though their parts are overall probably about as good as you can get I have had fitting problems with both the back valance and passenger side fender that I replace they're good but they're not factory. Oh yeah and my back bumper had a small defect in the chrome that I lived with because I didn't want to send it back.

hey lord sparky, you found 1? i left and went to home depot and actually found 2. i looked up at the big guy in the sky and thanked him for about 5 min.

Problems like this start with the shipper. Odd and irregular sized freight needs to be packaged properly for shipping and handling. Many companies know this, some don’t. The driver picking up this type freight are the third line of defense for the consumer (the company and the shipping personnel are the first and second) If the driver sees something lacking in the packaging he/she can refuse to pick it up, or he/she might even alert them to the issue, including help them package it up so that it reaches the end user in undamaged condition. (Keep in mind ultimately more packaging costs someone) Otherwise it ends up being a claim against the carrier in most cases, but then the carriers claim investigators get involved to determine if insufficient packaging by the shipper was to blame or if it was in fact improper handling by the carrier. The consumer gets caught in the middle sometimes. The problem starts with the shipper in many cases but then it can become a blame game. Ugh, “what a world”:eek:

I had no complaints about the packing AMD did especially the front fender was very well packed I was impressed. The front valiance was a good fit and matched up nicely, the front fender side lines were all crisp and proper it just seemed like the top of the fender came down a little lower than the original making the hood and Cowl matching tricky, the rear valance fitting was probably the one that seems to stand out that's also where the patch panels were put in and may have been a contributing factor to the fitment.

Aren’t the floor pans usually shipped folded? I don’t know if it was AMD but one of the manufacturers used to do that as a regular shipping practice.

Got a set of full OE quarters for my Challenger from AMD via Summit earlier this year, they were pretty well packed and arrived fine.

Aren’t the floor pans usually shipped folded? I don’t know if it was AMD but one of the manufacturers used to do that as a regular shipping practice.

Got a set of full OE quarters for my Challenger from AMD via Summit earlier this year, they were pretty well packed and arrived fine.
I don't see how it'd be usable. It wasn't bent in a uniform way, like it was meant to be. The trans tunnel was an inch away from being a complete circle.
There was no bracing in the box at all, just like they put the floor pan, trans pan and firewall in a box on edge, and wrapped it in black plastic. The plastic had AMD stickers on it, wasn't ripped or taped up anywhere. It was in a pyramid shape, with the floor folded. I have hunch it got folded up when it was ran through a wrapping machine.
I'm not blaming AMD (or R+L for that matter), because I have no idea what happened.
Just hoping it doesn't turn into a long drawn out affair.

Sorry to hear I know you have waited a long while to purchase those. That’s my kind of luck unfortunately!

Just went thru the same ordeal. AMD sent out another panel right away. Good for them. Ordered 2 Quarter skins. The shipping dept. shipped them like a tee pee on a pellet with the quarters straight up in the air! I think they get a deal for floor footage. That part is a bad deal on AMD and for what you pay for shipping it has to be a numbers guy there doing it. But satisfied overall with them. Just sorry they are getting out of the Mopar business.

I went through 3 rear bumpers to get a good one for AMD. The first 2 were so bad it's unreal they even shipped them. The last one had a small dent in it and chrome is OK. It's a nice driver but still pisses me off when I notice it. Glad I live close to Summit Racing. Shipping is crazy money anymore!
+1 I got two that had the same identical cut in them.

Lucky for me I'm only an hour away from their Gainsville,Ga. location. I inspected the fenders for my Duster before I left. Hope you get unbent floor next time.

Got an email with the new shipping info, supposed to be here Tuesday. Hope it's good this time.
The wife told me last time I was like a kid on Christmas waiting to hear Santa's reindeer hoofs on the roof waiting to see the delivery truck... and crushed I didn't get the new bike I wanted. :)

Pathetic packaging by amd and handling by the carrier.
Problems like this start with the shipper. Odd and irregular sized freight needs to be packaged properly for shipping and handling. Many companies know this, some don’t. The driver picking up this type freight are the third line of defense for the consumer (the company and the shipping personnel are the first and second) If the driver sees something lacking in the packaging he/she can refuse to pick it up, or he/she might even alert them to the issue, including help them package it up so that it reaches the end user in undamaged condition. (Keep in mind ultimately more packaging costs someone) Otherwise it ends up being a claim against the carrier in most cases, but then the carriers claim investigators get involved to determine if insufficient packaging by the shipper was to blame or if it was in fact improper handling by the carrier. The consumer gets caught in the middle sometimes. The problem starts with the shipper in many cases but then it can become a blame game. Ugh, “what a world”:eek:
It's not the shippers fault and they sure don't have time to inspect your parts. It is AMD's. And they get shipped by one carrier to the local carrier. Then delivered to your home/business. AMD needs to step up and fix their problem. I just wonder if they treat the Chevy parts the same way or they just hired a outside co. to ship their products.

It's not the shippers fault and they sure don't have time to inspect your parts. It is AMD's. And they get shipped by one carrier to the local carrier. Then delivered to your home/business. AMD needs to step up and fix their problem. I just wonder if they treat the Chevy parts the same way or they just hired a outside co. to ship their products.
The “shipper” is AMD, the “shipping company” is R&L (aka transportion company, carrier, etc), the “consignee” is RSie.
It is the shippers fault for lousy packaging as I stated. Then the carrier (aka shipping company) gets in on the act. In this instance the R&L driver picked up the freight, transported it back to his terminal, the dock personnel unloaded and then loaded onto another trailer, it likely went to their hub, got unloaded and then loaded onto a trailer bound for the destination terminal, then was unloaded and then loaded on the delivery trailer. In some cases it may only be loaded/unloaded/loaded and deliverered. In many cases the freight is handled quite a number of times. Each additional time is another chance for damage to occur, not to mention the ride in the trailer(s) with all the other freight. The shipper is supposed to package it so it makes it to its destination in one piece, the carrier/shipping company tears it up, but may investigate and try to deny the claim using “shipper packaging was insufficient” but ultimately they are at fault. The driver should have refused to pick it up, it likely was a claim waiting to happen. That’s how it works with LTL shipments such as this. As long as the end customer gets satisfaction is all that matters.

Last edited:
It is the shippers fault for lousy packaging as I stated. Then the carrier (aka shipping company) gets in on the act
Exactly....

I worked in a department store shipping 150.00 each Waterford crystal glasses.

We packaged them so the carrier (UPS) could dropkick the box into the truck and the glasses would be just fine.

I have seen truck drivers strap sheet metal AC ducting to their trailers, crushing the corners of the duct, and boxes of who knows what crushed in the same way.

I get it, they have to be sure it doesn't fall off, but there are ways to do it without damage.

-
Back