Current best motor mounts?

-

FastMatt

Reaction score
So after my 410 small block has proved too much for rubber mounts and TQ strap on my 72 demon. I’m looking for some better mounts for both the motor and 4 speed trans mount. What is currently considered the best choice? Pic below of the weld ripped off my TQ strap bracket. I have replaced the TQ strap bracket in the mean time till I can install some new mounts.

IMG_3191.jpeg

IMG_3177.jpeg

Ditto. The issue is the crap weld on the old brkt. Welds on the new brkt look very good.

Probably something from this cat here.
[/URL]
Nice Demon!
As u can see the poly mounts in the pics are for trucks. They are way thicker than A B oh day mounts. So that means they will throw your drive line angles cause your raising the motor and lowering the rear of the trans. Also u may not have the room to raise the motor cause the tranny may hit the tunnel. U play the game u take your chances. Kim

I tried the poly locks from Mancini years ago and bent the hell out of the drivers side. Made some solids and honestly, I don't notice any nasty vibrations.

Not sure if your mounts are the same style as mine, 67 bb.
I went through all the bs with engine mounts.

Poly engine mounts are garbage, the engine twists, it does not lift up on the driver's side while the passenger side stays put.
New steel engine mounts are garbage, they do not have the correct corners/edges that wrap around, the steel is not as thick or as good quality, they bend without even trying.

Old steel mounts, new or even old rubber isolators, drill a hole through them, you'll need a good drill bit because they are actual steel, put a bolt through it with a lock nut, do not tighten all the way, leave some wiggle room.

Or straight up solid engine mounts.

Trans mount, I have the poly mount.

My drag car has solid engine mounts and a poly trans mount, no issues with vibration at all. 65

So after my 410 small block has proved too much for rubber mounts and TQ strap on my 72 demon. I’m looking for some better mounts for both the motor and 4 speed trans mount. What is currently considered the best choice? Pic below of the weld ripped off my TQ strap bracket. I have replaced the TQ strap bracket in the mean time till I can install some new mounts.

View attachment 1716296936

View attachment 1716296937
That Demon looks really sharp!! Would you mind sharing the real wheel specs? 15x10? Backspace please!

That Demon looks really sharp!! Would you mind sharing the real wheel specs? 15x10? Backspace please!

The fronts are 15x7's and the rears are 15x10's the rear tires are 295/55r15 MT SS Drag Radials. I bought the wheels 8 years ago I can't remember the back spacing but I can look around and try to figure it out for you. What ever it is they work perfect with those tires. Im running Caltracs mono leafs in the stock location with caltracs bars. The tire has about 1/4" clearance with the spring.

-
Back