custom heders?

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
If I build a set of headers for a 400 that will be a daily driver with a very mild cam do I have to make all the tubes from the flange to the collector the same leighnth? This motor will not see the strip so Im not worried about getting every last drop of hp out of it.

very few of the headers you can buy are true equal lenght so i dont think that would hurt you to much on a mild engine, dont know about prices and such in US but you may find it easier and cheaper to buy some cheap bigblock headers for a E or B body that you can use the flanges and colectors from and you also get alot of usefull bends ;) just a small idea´that may save you some money and work but i may bee wrong

To give yourself more room for building your own headers build a TRI-Y set, they work real well for street / mild performance and have better clearances. I own a custom exhaust / race car fabrication business and being racing is over for the year I am going to start building prototype TRI-Y headers for the early A-bodys both small block and "B" series big block. Once I get a set that looks good and is easy to install I am going to start production because of the lack of early A-body headers. I am going to use my '65 Valiant drag car for mock up and once I get a set mocked up them I am going to check them in a later A-body since I have one of those also. The goal is to get a set that fits both chassis' but if I can't then I am going after the early chassis.

Excellent. I have my eye on a 64 that I want to swap to a V8 of some sort.

Keep us posted 340mopar.....

Sorry, hijack over!

ROB

-
Back