Custom interior spray paint

-

TF360

Reaction score
Looking to get some light gold vinyl and plastic paint for my interior. All I can find in ember gold, but its the older color. Does any body know if a company makes the right color for my 1974 Duster light gold in a spray can. Or, who can custom mix it in a can?

An automotive paint jobber might be able to help you out and do a custom mix if they don't have a code on hand and can load it in a spray bomb for you.

Our NAPA store can mix paint and put it in an aerosol can. I believe they have color charts also but it would probably help if you have the color name and/or number.
Yote

Classic Industries sells mopar interior paint, it matches real good used it on the interior of my car.

yea everyone sells ember gold. It's a different shade of gold in my 74

yea everyone sells ember gold. It's a different shade of gold in my 74
Find an autobody paint store, take a piece with you. More apt to find somebody to take a little time, look up some chips, do a little tinting. 30 y/o faded stuff can be hard to match. I've tinted and mixed tons of paint and sometimes it's best to have the piece and color books find the closest chip you can, mix, and tint it. I know PPG and Dupont both have vinyl dyes, but I'm not sure if they can computer match it like paint colors.

Herbs.

Does NAPA carry adhesion promoter?

I had 67 metallic red custom mixed at local paint and body supplier that is SEMs Products dealer. Took a sun visor and some other NOS piece ( I forget ) in for sampling. This was many years ago.
One quart of RTS ( ready to spray ), if my memory serves, was 68 dollars. Perfect match though.

Went to our local NAPA at lunch.

They had Duplicolor brand.

The Napa by me doesn't have much selection as far as body supplies and the counterman is usually whomever's not busy at the parts counter and not all that familiar with the products.

Did you ask them or just see what's on the shelves? The auto Paint is mixed to order and not premade. Some napas may not offer offer this though.

They had all sorts of stuff on the web site, but only that one brand in the store.

Counter guy didn't even know what it was, where it was, or if they even had it.

I'm doing kick panels after I punch some speaker grilles into them.

I have an extra set of tan and need them to be F6 green.

-
Back