Custom Lower Radiator Supports for sale

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine in the mail yesterday as well!! very nice piece john! I cant wait to install it...

i test fitted it tonight, and everything just matches up perfectly!! it looks like I could possibly install/weld it all in without removing that sheet metal piece thats under the radiator like you mentioned, just place it behind it and it would still work perfectly!

What are the point of these..

XV Motorsports has a similar setup and has put these unibody cars on their chassis machine and showed the amount of flex in these cars before and after installing their lower radiator support and inner fender braces. There is a dramatic difference in the amount of flex before and after. My parts are not only cheaper, but come with brackets that XV doesn't. Here is a link to the video. http://www.xvmotorsports.com/media/Chassis Stiffening.wmv

nice product baddart !!. and the price is also nice. great looking product

Badart;
I think you have an excellent product at a more than reasonable price. You can install one on my car when you do the body and paint. :mrgreen:
~Michael

Guys I may also be interested in trading for mopar aluminum intakes for these parts. Small block and big block.

Dumb question so I appologize up front. What do you have to take out to put this on ?

I am putting frame connectors on our duster...will this and you other product stiffen up the car more ?

Thanks
Ian.

Yes Grassy,it will help a ton. As will torque boxes front and rear You can build a real solid A body with frame connectors,torque boxes,fender to shock tower and rad support member.

mopar built em to be cheap and light,so there is lots of room for improvement!

Dumb question so I appologize up front. What do you have to take out to put this on ?

I am putting frame connectors on our duster...will this and you other product stiffen up the car more ?

Thanks
Ian.

Ian it really depends on how you want to mount the lower radiator support. If you choose the replace the factory piece then you will have to drill out the factory spot welds and weld on the caps, but if you choose to leave in the factory piece then you could simply weld in the bar and landings behind it. As far as stiffening up the body goes, XV has done testing with similar parts and here is the video. http://www.xvmotorsports.com/media/Chassis Stiffening.wmv I do know the E body guys really like them.

Very interested in both your kits however, I got to find someone that will weld for me at my place...isn't as easy as I thought and my brother in law will not do it because the car is my kids..

I am trying to bring the handling of the duster up into the '90s.

I am inpressed that you developed this and offered it to us FABO members.

I should mention that this kit is way beyond my capibilities ( sp ?).

Thanks
ian.

Damnit grassy,just drive to B.C,I will weld it all on for free.....

You know what motivated me to do this is looking at the XV peice on my buddies 72 Cuda. The bends are crushed and one side was crushed more than the other. To me the quality could be better if you ask me. I can't say that mine is stronger, but you don't see too many square roll cages.

XV charges waaaaaaaaaay toooooooo much to be getting away with crap quality. For that money it better be perfect,period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back