CVF PS Pump Pulley incorrect? No Keyway?

-

standup303

Reaction score
Another for you guys this morning. I have an email into CVF but being the weekend and I’m impatient I figured I’d ask…. Is this (pulley in right of pic) the incorrect power steering pulley? I have an existing CVF Saginaw PS pump with 5/8” key way shaft. I removed the pulley that was on it from my 360LA (left pulley in pic) but the new pulley has no keyway provisions. Is there a bushing or something I’m supposed to have?

IMG_9381.jpeg

IMG_9380.jpeg

Some were keyed and some were pressed on. Make sure your keyed pump and brackets mount and align before getting another pulley. It can be a puzzle mixing/matching.
Good luck

Another for you guys this morning. I have an email into CVF but being the weekend and I’m impatient I figured I’d ask…. Is this (pulley in right of pic) the incorrect power steering pulley? I have an existing CVF Saginaw PS pump with 5/8” key way shaft. I removed the pulley that was on it from my 360LA (left pulley in pic) but the new pulley has no keyway provisions. Is there a bushing or something I’m supposed to have?
Pumps up to I think 73-74 use the keyway and then they switched to a press on pulley. Basically the pulley needs to match the pump. I also want to think the press on pumps are metric but that might of happened in the 80's.

You stated you have a "CVF Saginaw pump and pulley"?? I'm confused(easily lol), so both from CVF?? If so they should.match I would think?

You stated you have a "CVF Saginaw pump and pulley"?? I'm confused(easily lol), so both from CVF?? If so they should.match I would think?
Exactly. I told them I already had this exact pump and sent pics. I’m assuming it’s just the incorrect pulley but wanted to double check

Sending u the wrong pulley even after pics? Did you tell them its a Saginaw pump?(its not a CVF pump).
Make sure you have correct brackets for that pump before playing the pulley game again.
Exactly. I told them I already had this exact pump and sent pics. I’m assuming it’s just the incorrect pulley but wanted to double check

Sending u the wrong pulley even after pics? Did you tell them its a Saginaw pump?(its not a CVF pump).
Make sure you have correct brackets for that pump before playing the pulley game again.
The pump bolted right up no issues. Think I was just sent the wrong pulley.

-
Back