Dad's Truck From /6 to BB

-

Jason96R

Reaction score
Well, my dad has a '87 Dodge D150 that he has yanked the /6 4spd OD out of and replaced with a 383 727 from a 69 Monoco. Last night I went over to the garage where he has the truck, because he and his friend where close to starting it. I helped to replace the power steering line, and to hook up the oil pressure guage. Cranked it some to get the oil pressure up, hooked up the coil, and poured a little gas into the carb and she fired right off. Dad's friend and I were standing on either side of the engine bay and when it fired off did not see a single puff of smoke from the ex manifolds, exhaust not hooked up then, and the pressue immediately rose to about 65psi. It sounded pretty good but the exhaust wasn't hooked up, so it was pretty loud.

The Monaco he pulled the 383 out of had about 60,000 miles on the odometer, and according to the title that was in the car that is accurate, recent title. Dad just replaced all the gaskets, valve seals, and checked the cylinders/pistons and a couple other things when he changed to a rear sump oil pan. He thouht everything looked pretty good, so he was basically starting the engine on hope and prayer.

-
Back